Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
I like Kraken (but digging the Sockeye layout)...but if I had to choose an "other", it'd be the Admirals...even if there's an AHL team already as the Admirals.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Blue and green just have to be the main colors given the rest of the teams in the city, “Emerald City”, and because red and black are awful. Vancouver can get over it. I like the point about the Oilers versus Islanders. There won’t be a problem with Jersey recognition if it’s done right, and Vancouver is capable of changing every 15 or so years anyway.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
1. Sockeye
2. Thunder, with Big Foot mascot.
3. Sea Lions
4. Steelheads

5. Thunderbirds (pls)

The only one that sounds good on play-by-play are “Sockeye” and “Thunder”. Using “Lions” as a nickname for “Sea Lions” doesn’t really work that well, either. It’s really a toss-up for me and I’m not convinced any of these will truly be the final name.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
winter sports gold green vs summers sports green blue?
sonics.jpg

19910504-oilers-north-stars-game-2-casey-elniski.jpg

sealsskates.jpg

I’m not sure I follow your point. I don’t see what teams from Minnesota and Oakland have to do with Seattle

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I added a poll. Let me know if there’s a specific colour scheme you want added

Apparently the speculation that the colours will be red and black aren't just from that jersey up on the stage. Any of their marketing material so far has used a red-black colour scheme. Take a look at their website for example:

NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE APPROVES EXPANSION

Hopefully it’s just because red and black is a nice colour scheme for marketing, without having to give away exactly what your team colours are. That would be a big mistake if they don’t use green

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Hopefully it’s just because red and black is a nice colour scheme for marketing, without having to give away exactly what your team colours are. That would be a big mistake if they don’t use green

I dunno. I know blue and green are very typical Pacific NW colours, but an awful lot of teams in that region already use some version of those colours, including the Seahawks, Sounders, Mariners and the Thunderbirds. Plus the nearby Canucks use those colours.

Now that being said however, I don't know how red and black means establishing your own identity, when Calgary, Chicago, Ottawa, Carolina, Arizona and New Jersey already use those colours...

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
The Seattle Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice

Boxer Courage

May 26, 2018
I think pure perfection would be the Seattle Thunderbirds branding but change the name to Totems. Close second is that Sockeye template posted in this thread, thats gorgeous.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Sockeyes sounds like a good name for an ECHL team that could have been the regional rival of the now long gone Victoria Salmon Kings. I do like the sock puppet logo with eyes though.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Every name sounds silly until it's been around for a while.

If there was a world in which the New York Rangers didn't exist and ol' Tex established a team in New York called the Rangers, it would likely get smashed.
Washington Capitals? Like, plural of the seat of government?
Tampa Bay Rays? What?

Everything takes time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad