Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
They could be trawling for sockeye.

Could be Sockey(s) too.

Though, I'm actually more interested in the colours, logo, jerseys etc.

Also, if you watch the video you can see the girl wearing a light blue shirt and orange gloves while the fishernet is in those colours as well.
On top of that I'm pretty sure the horn by the ferry will be the goal horn.

Ike8228

Aug 19, 2019
DO sockeye go in salt water? IS the puget sound fresh or salt water? It’s more an ocean setting than a river which makes me believe kraken. But I don’t know anything about fish. And did they already say it was going to be dark blue.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Not sure if it was posted here before.

According to this the team never made an effort to talk about the Sockey(s) name to the book author or her lawyers.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
DO sockeye go in salt water? IS the puget sound fresh or salt water? It’s more an ocean setting than a river which makes me believe kraken. But I don’t know anything about fish. And did they already say it was going to be dark blue.
Sockeye (and all native salmon species) hatch in fresh water, run out to the ocean and live out in the saltwater for 3-5 years before returning to the freshwater stream where they hatched to spawn and die.

The Puget Sound is saltwater, although the freshwater runoff coming in from all sides lowers the salinity compared to the Pacific waters outside of the sound.

it was reported a couple of weeks ago that the base color is going to be the same dark navy that Vancouver uses for their orca logo.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
it was reported a couple of weeks ago that the base color is going to be the same dark navy that Vancouver uses for their orca logo.

There wasn't much reporting about the colours but rather someone posting that colour and a theory that we're supposedly naming the team the Thunderbirds.

After being asked to provide a link to the mentioned article there was no response at all.

Overall I think that was just someone who read those speculations on reddit and posted it as a fact over here. ;)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
What do Seattle hockey fans generally wish for the name to be?
Just something cool I'd imagine

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Sockeye salmon grow up in fresh water and migrate to the ocean as adults.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
:popcorn::popcorn:
There wasn't much reporting about the colours but rather someone posting that colour and a theory that we're supposedly naming the team the Thunderbirds.

After being asked to provide a link to the mentioned article there was no response at all.

Overall I think that was just someone who read those speculations on reddit and posted it as a fact over here. ;)
I guess it depends on Icethetics’ reliability. I always thought they were pretty solid, but they aren’t exactly vetted the way typical insiders are. The “reports” I’ve seen are near the bottom of the link on the Sabres’ color tweak and the wink & nod in the Seattle arena article. The writer seems pretty certain, but again- depends how much you trust Icethetics.

icethetics.com: Buffalo Sabres show signs of returning to royal blue

icethetics.com: New home of NHL Seattle named Climate Pledge Arena

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
One kind of sockeye live their entire lives in fresh water only: Kokanee.

I've eaten some! Kinda small for a salmon, and boney but delicious. Some of the lakes in my area have them...I believe they are stocked?

20 minutes and the wait is over, yay.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
What ever it is, there will be complaints but in the end it will be OUR team and we will love it

The video has teasers for a lot of things that can go in either direction. The girl is wearing a blue shirt, the guy is wearing a shirt that has a S on it. The colors!!

Kraken - Norse squid mythigcal creature. Seattle has large Norweigan & fishing heritage as well as large octopus & squids in the nearby waters

Sockeyes - Alliteration. Sockeye salmon that runs from the mountains to the puget sounds & pacific ocean & back. My big negative is that Sharks & Whales (Orcas/canucks logo) eat fish/salmon.

Reactions: sigma six

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
As an outsider I really would of thought Rainiers would have been the best choice and most representive of Seattle's beautiful nature landscape, really encompassing the city the best.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Im not huge on the name, but I like the logo and colour scheme because they go well with Vancouver's and adds to what should be the primary rivalry for both teams. A nice "f*** you" to commissioner Buttman and his dumbass plan to sell Vegas as Seattle's rival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->