Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
I don´t like the idea of black/red too.. but blue is also overused in the league... I´m for anything else than those two options.. anything original

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I don´t like the idea of black/red too.. but blue is also overused in the league... I´m for anything else than those two options.. anything original

Black and red (depends on what shade of red) can work it depends on what they have in mind for the team name.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
https://www.seattlenhlfans.com

Just got an email for a new Seattle fan site. There's some polls available on the site, one including colors. Options were: Blue and Green, Blue and some other color, Green or some other color, and anything but blue and green. I don't know how much they're going to take these polls into consideration (I'd have thought they were already well into the branding project) but it looks like they're circling around the common Seattle colors, which I think is a positive.

There's also a team name poll.

Reactions: Rob Brown

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
https://www.seattlenhlfans.com

Just got an email for a new Seattle fan site. There's some polls available on the site, one including colors. Options were: Blue and Green, Blue and some other color, Green or some other color, and anything but blue and green. I don't know how much they're going to take these polls into consideration (I'd have thought they were already well into the branding project) but it looks like they're circling around the common Seattle colors, which I think is a positive.

There's also a team name poll.

which is a surprise cause originally they said they were going to respect Vancouver colors and not touch blue and green.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
which is a surprise cause originally they said they were going to respect Vancouver colors and not touch blue and green.
There are a few double green color combos that look very good. I think Seattle likely goes that route.

Not sure they’d want to resemble the Thunderbirds with the navy and green and grey.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Things change as things develop. I wouldn’t accept anything that the organization says without a heavy dose of skepticism. Not because they’re being intentionally deceptive, but because things change as the process becomes more real.

Selling merch in a city that’s covered in blue and green teams means more than avoiding Vancouver.

Last edited:

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
A blue-green or teal and red would look good if they're going with some kind of stylized fish. It keeps a spot for the overused red and black thirds if they really want it.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
oh, I just hope this is not the final color scheme...

If they choose not to go the route of 'Totems' along with the green/white combo - this Native American themed 'Sockeye', or 'Chinook' with the blue/white looks like a winner to me!

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
This would get my vote. :thumbu:

DQooTdVV4AA7BSW.jpg

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Things change as things develop. I wouldn’t accept anything that the organization says without a heavy dose of skepticism. Not because they’re being intentionally deceptive, but because things change as the process becomes more real.

Selling merch in a city that’s covered in blue and green teams means more than avoiding Vancouver.

They are on record in the past saying they want to respect Vancouver colors.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Blues fan lurking in peace, just killing time before puck drop in our game 1 WCF matchup with San Jose. Wanted to say how awesome it is that Seattle will finally have a home for an NHL franchise. A college body of mine is from Bellevue and I usually come up for a visit every other year and always come away thinking how each visit is even better than the previous. Incredible people and absolutely terrific city all around that will be a perfect backdrop for an NHL Expansion team.

Can anyone tell me when a team name and logo/colors will be finalized?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Blues fan lurking in peace, just killing time before puck drop in our game 1 WCF matchup with San Jose. Wanted to say how awesome it is that Seattle will finally have a home for an NHL franchise. A college body of mine is from Bellevue and I usually come up for a visit every other year and always come away thinking how each visit is even better than the previous. Incredible people and absolutely terrific city all around that will be a perfect backdrop for an NHL Expansion team.

Can anyone tell me when a team name and logo/colors will be finalized?

Latest word is fall 2019.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
dont think it can be the steelheads, OHL team exisists Mississauga Steelheads. At least thats assumed because Vegas couldn't take Knights due to the London Knights.

There is no trademark "Seattle Steelheads" in Canada nor there isn't anything trademarked "Steelhead" Only "Mississauga Steelheads"

Reactions: Dog

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
I would prefer the color scheme not being used in the NHL currently, different from the local pro teams, and not red and black if possible.....

With that being said..... I’ll be buying Seattle (insert name here) swag regardless of team name, color, or logo.

Just take my money already!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->