Really hope this isnt how our draft goes,

Strome and Phillips :shakehead

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Well its Zach Phillips for Ottawa,

Really hope this isnt how our draft goes,

Strome and Phillips :shakehead

Nothing wrong with Strome at 6. Just means that Lando went before we could get him.

Not happy with Phillips though.

11Owen

Thanks, Feaster
Jun 3, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Given what was available and the way we've followed Windsor this year, a crafty offensive player who can play in the middle who had some early success with Kassian back in the fall. That said, he's an OHLer -- the Sabres go hard into the CHL and have a lot of their eyes on the OHL specifically. If things break like they do with how this mock went, he's a choice.

Agreed. I wouldn't be terribly upset if we drafted him. He doesn't seem afraid to crash the net for goals and he's got decent speed. Plus, like you said, he was on a line with Kassian earlier.

NoUserNameHere

Dec 26, 2010
I really value the results posted in this thread, as I think overall each fan-base knows it's team and knows both the immediate needs as well as long term shortcomings of their organization's prospects.

One thing... now that it looks strongly like Atlanta's Thrashers will fly north to winter (permanently) in Winnipeg, has there been any thought to re-opening that poll?

I would think there would be much more fans in Manitoba who understood what sorts of players the Thrashers/Jets/Moose/True North/Whatever need. The only problem I have with taking the results from each team's fans is that you need a considerable number of fans to weigh for each team. If your sampling size isn't large enough your results may not necessarily be as valid. Re-doing that poll would help to ensure that we more accurately predict the player the Thrashers might take.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I really value the results posted in this thread, as I think overall each fan-base knows it's team and knows both the immediate needs as well as long term shortcomings of their organization's prospects.

One thing... now that it looks strongly like Atlanta's Thrashers will fly north to winter (permanently) in Winnipeg, has there been any thought to re-opening that poll?

I would think there would be much more fans in Manitoba who understood what sorts of players the Thrashers/Jets/Moose/True North/Whatever need. The only problem I have with taking the results from each team's fans is that you need a considerable number of fans to weigh for each team. If your sampling size isn't large enough your results may not necessarily be as valid. Re-doing that poll would help to ensure that we more accurately predict the player the Thrashers might take.

I'd think it would be quite the other way around. How many Winnipeggers had been following the Thrashers and their prospects closely before last month? Not very many. I think Thrashers fans know better than anyone what the organizational needs are at the moment.

NoUserNameHere

Dec 26, 2010
I guess you've got a good point. Essentially it may take a while before a large number of hockey fans in Manitoba really buy-in to the concept that they will have a team and start to take a strong interest in the Trashers' organization. Once they do then we'd have significantly more people posting their viewpoint which would suggest a stronger validity, however for now I guess we'll have to accept the small sample size of Atlanta fans. Only time will tell if their instincts point to what the management of the team would actually do.

I'm perfectly happy with the results of this draft. :) I guess I don't want to get my hopes up too high that the Bruins have the opportunity to grab Dougie Hamilton though.

NikolaiTesla*

I agree, these results will be interesting. It might not be a clear indication how things will play out, due to the limited amount of knowledge on these draft eligible players, and teams go off the board... and even trade (of course)... but it will still be interesting.

rOIL_blue

1. NM; 2. SJ; 3. SM
Apr 15, 2007
Thanks again for doing this Hasbro - I've been really interested in how it plays out.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Jesus, it shouldn't of been that close for Toronto. Klefbom by a mile. I have him over Brodin personally. He is more raw but he is 6'4" 200lb, good skater, good offensive defenseman, and a fantastic character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad