Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Rangers pick?

• Sam Colangelo, RW, Northeastern (NCAA )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Cormier, D, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)

• Tyson Foerster, C, Barrie Colts (OHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Roni Hirvonen, C, Ässät (Liiga)

• Zion Nybeck, LW/RW, HV71 (SHL)

• William Wallinder, D, MODO Hockey (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7 Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:panthers#12 Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

:canes#13 Yaroslav Askarov, G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (VHL)

:edmonton#14 Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

:leafs #15 Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

:habs #16 Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:hawks #17 Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

:devils#18 Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

:flames#19 Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

:devils#20 Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

:cbj#21 Lukas Reichel, LW, Eisbären Berlin (DEL)

:rangers#22 Ridly Greig, LW, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Noel Gunler is among the most talented players in this draft class. And while he doesn't skate like an energizer bunny every shift, his instincts are what makes him a great prospect to me. He doesn't mind going into the dirty areas, putting in the effort to cause turn overs and doesn't shy away throwing the occasional hit (as an 18 year old in the SHL, that's huge).

I know there's this stigma coming from never getting called up for the u20 team, but his coaches in Luleå aren't worried about the so-called "lack of effort". If he's there at 22, I wouldn't hesitate

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
The choice is honestly between Bourque, Greig, Gunler and Zary. I am all in on Greig. We need a player like him in the lineup. I also think people are writing him off as a center too soon. I think he can play 3rd line center and or be a plug in player anywhere up or down the lineup. I am not sold on Bourque or Zary and am worried about Gunler's reputation as being on the lazy side after what went on last year with Lias and Kravtsov. Think its really important to add someone like Greig to the mix.

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Abstaining here...I haven't researched enough of these prospects to have an opinion.

If lapierre was here he's be my pick.

I say swing for the highest upside.

Reactions: jas

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
It's going to be Ridly "flavor of the week" Greig

I don't think it is a matter of flavor of the week but more so Ridly Greig is exactly what we need to be a successful team in the playoffs.
He brings some jam that we are sorely lacking. Its no secret this team is on the soft side and needs to add players just like Ridly and
become a tougher team to play against. Since I received my copy of the Redline Report in June- Ridly Greig was the player that I circled
and wanted with the 2nd first round pick. Of the other 3 players I mentioned I think Gunler would be the last option just because of our glaring
need for centers don't think they could pass on Zary or Bourque. I also think if the draft plays out this way they could trade down from
22 to 28 with Ottawa and get 2(58). With Greig, Zary, Gunler, Bourque, Brisson, Peterka and Mysak on the Board at least 1 would be left
at 28 and they add a 2nd that was missing and possibly land Luke Tuch, Luke Evangelista, Dylan Pederson, Zayde Wisedom, or Thimo Nickl
with 2nd round pick.......

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'll go Gunler over Bourque.

Greig would be the 4th or 5th guy I'd want here, but they're all so tightly packed that it's hard to be upset with any of seven or eight guys.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I will say that Greig is a fine player, but I think that us knowing the Rangers are high on him has coloured the voting a bit.

I would expect Gunler to run away with this vote otherwise. Not that he *should*, but I'm pretty confident he *would*.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If it falls like this the pick will probably be Greig. I would personally take Marat K.

I want to trade out of this spot though. Up, Down, for a player. Doesn’t really matter. Don’t love the value here.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->