Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the BJs pick?

• Sam Colangelo, RW, Northeastern (NCAA )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Cormier, D, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Marat Khusnutdinov, C, SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Zion Nybeck, LW/RW, HV71 (SHL)

• John-Jason Peterka, LW, EHC München (DEL)

• William Wallinder, D, MODO Hockey (SHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Anxious to watch it unfold as I don’t have to Prospect backgrounds to weigh in beyond....:popcorn:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I've seen drafts that had Zary much higher. LeBrun had us taking Wallinder. I haven't seen any of these guys play and realize highlight film is no substitute for good scouting. Let Ville Siren and his team do their jobs - no vote by me.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've seen drafts that had Zary much higher. LeBrun had us taking Wallinder. I haven't seen any of these guys play and realize highlight film is no substitute for good scouting. Let Ville Siren and his team do their jobs - no vote by me.

Once you get out of the top fifteen everyone on your short list is much higher on some scouts rankings. Also much lower. There's a good number of guys that are ranked anywhere from 11 to 40. I've seen both Zary and Reichel ranked at 11, come to think of it. They're moving in opposite directions though, Zary has dipped a bit and Reichel went from not being ranked in the first round earlier in the year to being most frequently ranked in the teens. Apparently that happens a lot with kids from obscure hockey places, they just don't get watched until the CHL and other top leaguess stop playing. Reichel went from 2nd rounder to 20 on Bob's list, and 2nd rounder to 15 on hockeyprospect.com (a serious resource), moved up to 19th on Scouching, and up to 11th on Draft Dynasty. In all of those cases Zary is in the 20s. Wallinder could go #12 or #50.

Those aren't even the most divisive prospects. Tristen Robins ranges from #13 to #104, Ozzy Wiesblatt from around #20 to #80, Ridly Greig is sometimes in people's third round. I'd have those three all in the 1st, at the expense of Wallinder, Foerster, etc..

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
It's a good debate, there's going to be some interesting possibilities at #21.

At the end of the day, I'm not the one spending hours/days/weeks going over the film and I trust Jarmo's scouting crew. I do feel with the graduation of prospects to the big leagues and having a relatively low number of draft picks the last couple of years, the pipeline needs to be bolstered.

The trade route is likely the best answer for the immediate need for high-end scoring. I'm fine with taking riskier 'swing for the fences' picks later in this draft, but I'd like to see some players with pretty high floors with the CBJ's first couple picks to ensure there are going to be some solid contributors on entry level contracts coming in when the Jackets are paying Jones/Werenski/Dubois on their next contracts.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad