Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Preds pick

• Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Bordeleau, C, Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

• Helge Grans, D, Malmö Redhawks (SHL)

• Kaiden Guhle, D, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

• Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

• Hendrix Lapierre, C, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia Sting (OHL)

• John-Jason Peterka, LW, EHC München (DEL)

• Lukas Reichel, LW, Eisbären Berlin (DEL)

• Braden Schneider, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

• Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Default

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 Lucas Raymond, RW/LW, Frölunda HC (SHL)

:ducks#6 Marco Rossi, C, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

:devils#7
Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie Otters (OHL)

:sabres#8 Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

:wild#9 Alexander Holtz, RW, Djurgårdens IF (SHL)

:jets#10 Jake Sanderson, D, Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

:nashville#11 Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
not alot of votes. I figured there were more Nashville fans than that on this site.

I feel like we had a vote just like this one like a month ago so I think that might be the reason people aren't voting as actively. Quinn is the consensus pick here on the boards, or a guy like Sanderson etc. "an obvious pick" if someone like that happens to drop to us.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I feel like we had a vote just like this one like a month ago so I think that might be the reason people aren't voting as actively. Quinn is the consensus pick here on the boards, or a guy like Sanderson etc. "an obvious pick" if someone like that happens to drop to us.

Part of the issue is this draft just feels different. There isn't as much hype around the prospects because they haven't been playing in forever. It feels different. You know?

Another being this is a deep draft. There are so many guys I am high on and the talent is so even throughout you could easily make an argument for a ton of prospects ranked from 10-20. Tough spot for Poile to be in.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Part of the issue is this draft just feels different. There isn't as much hype around the prospects because they haven't been playing in forever. It feels different. You know?

Another being this is a deep draft. There are so many guys I am high on and the talent is so even throughout you could easily make an argument for a ton of prospects ranked from 10-20. Tough spot for Poile to be in.

Tough? Imo, he's in one of the best positions in the 1st round. He's in a potential steal territory in case some of the top prospects fall and he's in a good position to snag a guy like Quinn who might be a lot higher in a weaker draft and is a really good prospect.

I'd say the difference between the prospects in the 11-20 range isn't all that much but with the 11th pick you at least get a guy many of the experts are projecting to be in the top-10 but just don't fit in there.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Tough? Imo, he's in one of the best positions in the 1st round. He's in a potential steal territory in case some of the top prospects fall and he's in a good position to snag a guy like Quinn who might be a lot higher in a weaker draft and is a really good prospect.

I'd say the difference between the prospects in the 11-20 range isn't all that much but with the 11th pick you at least get a guy many of the experts are projecting to be in the top-10 but just don't fit in there.

Well I think it is a difficult position to be in because you really have a lot of options... it's really a question of who is going to pan out.

For example, the 2008 draft was widely regraded as a deep draft by experts. The fact we had two picks in the top 15 meant we should've gotten two really good players. Instead, we got Wilson and Pickard.

In fact, we were in a position to get Josh Bailey and Erik Karlsson but traded up and down from those positions because it as a deep draft and Poile liked Wilson more than some of the other, similar options.

Drafts are a bit of a crap shoot tbh, but I find deep drafts to be especially challenging. And some drafts, like the 2003 one, to take people by complete surprise.

Better than having a weak draft (granted) but you are always tempted to trade up or down based on who you want more than in drafts with clear cut tiers.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Well I think it is a difficult position to be in because you really have a lot of options... it's really a question of who is going to pan out.

For example, the 2008 draft was widely regraded as a deep draft by experts. The fact we had two picks in the top 15 meant we should've gotten two really good players. Instead, we got Wilson and Pickard.

In fact, we were in a position to get Josh Bailey and Erik Karlsson but traded up and down from those positions because it as a deep draft and Poile liked Wilson more than some of the other, similar options.

Drafts are a bit of a crap shoot tbh, but I find deep drafts to be especially challenging. And some drafts, like the 2003 one, to take people by complete surprise.

Better than having a weak draft (granted) but you are always tempted to trade up or down based on who you want more than in drafts with clear cut tiers.

Well of course it's always difficult to find great players in the draft if you're not picking in the top-3 or so. That applies to every team and every draft. You can take any team and look back in hindsight and you'll find some mistakes along the way.

But if you're holding the 11th pick in a deep draft, I'd say you're in a good position, not tough.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wonder if there will be a bit of a bump for any of the top prospects who are already playing in Europe? Like, say Askarov... if he manages to stand on his head in the KHL for the next couple of weeks, is that going to give him a little boost?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad