Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Vlasic, D, USNTP (BU Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Drafting at 15 is not as exciting as say 1-3, but what's exciting this year is that I believe we have a chance at drafting a potentially very good player. Looking forward to draft day.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For those voting Broberg, why not Heinola?

I would break them down like this
Size: Broberg
Shooting: Broberg
Skating: Broberg
Passing: Heinola
Hockey IQ: Heinola
Defense: Broberg

The question really is, how big is the gap between Heinolas IQ and Brobergs IQ where it will Trump the variance in skill-set/tool kit?

Heinola was very good at the WJC and in FEL while terrible at the U18
Meanwhile Broberg was dominant at the Hlinka and U18s but was not very effective against men this year.

It's a good debate and I think it's not cut and dry at all. You have to have a really good handle on Brobergs IQ to make the call.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I voted for Connor McMichael. I believe they can get 1/2 really comparable defensemen in the 2nd rd. I'd rather they use the 1st on a possible home-run forward. If not McMichael, Dorofeyev or one of the top ranked forwards(if they start falling) would be fine by me too. If they do take a defenseman in the 1st rd, I hope it is Heinola.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I would break them down like this
Size: Broberg
Shooting: Broberg
Skating: Broberg
Passing: Heinola
Hockey IQ: Heinola
Defense: Broberg

The question really is, how big is the gap between Heinolas IQ and Brobergs IQ where it will Trump the variance in skill-set/tool kit?

Heinola was very good at the WJC and in FEL while terrible at the U18
Meanwhile Broberg was dominant at the Hlinka and U18s but was not very effective against men this year.

It's a good debate and I think it's not cut and dry at all. You have to have a really good handle on Brobergs IQ to make the call.

Heinola's and Broberg's hockey IQs are in different tiers. QED bro.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I dont see as much potential in Heinola. I really hope we would draft either Broberg or Harley over him. Both will be better.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Heinola seem bang average to me. I understand the concern with Broberg (they are warranted) but the guy has everything to become a NHL defenseman for a long time.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Heinola seem bang average to me. I understand the concern with Broberg (they are warranted) but the guy has everything to become a NHL defenseman for a long time.
Yup. Go big or go home. We already have prospects like Heinola. We dont have a broberg tho.
Also yes his iq isnt the best, but it isn't terrible and we have many high iq Ds to help him out. Brook, Romanov, Fleury, Harris, Juulsen, Weber, etc..

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I chose Dorofeyev. Given the available choices:

1. Dorofeyev. 2. Heinola. 3. Seider.
4. Broberg. 5. Tomasino. 6. Brink.
7. Lavoie. 8. York. 9. Thompson. 10. McMichael.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I think Heinola or York. Broberg is overrated in my opinion. Of the forwards, Brink is very interesting.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not going to lie, in this scenario, I'd like to trade down 2 spots. Broberg, Heinola and Dorofeyev are all really close in my opinion.

Reactions: Garnet76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad