Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Two Day Poll.

Please only vote for a player if you are an Oiler fan and know a thing or two about winning like Kevin Lowe.

Who should the Oilers pick at #8?

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, C, Kootenay (WHL)

8.:edmonton Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

Link to the results thread

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Looks like most of the "fan favourites" are off the board. The conservative types will probably consolidate around Zegras leaving the adventurous to choose from Caufield, Broberg, Knight, Podkolzin and maybe Newhook. Maybe 1 or 2 wild men reaching for Boldy or Soderstrom.

I would not be thrilled if the draft order plays out this way, although perhaps Zegras is still a good mix of safe and rewarding.

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
I love Zegras. Great IQ, hands and vision, but Podkolzin is the right choice here. His energy, play with and away from the puck and non-stop motor are huge benefits. He has a great shot and can move the puck and see the play at high speeds which is what McDavid needs on his wing (or for that matter Nuge as well).

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Zegras and Krebs are interchangeable for me. I would be super stoked to get either one.

I'm biased with Krebs because he is Alberta home grown in Okotoks, ALTA . :)

Reactions: Dr Awesome

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I love Zegras. Great IQ, hands and vision, but Podkolzin is the right choice here. His energy, play with and away from the puck and non-stop motor are huge benefits. He has a great shot and can move the puck and see the play at high speeds which is what McDavid needs on his wing (or for that matter Nuge as well).

I think Pod is the one of the last players you'd want with McDavid.

He's so one dimensional offensively. Get the puck, go end-to-end, drive the net. He doesn't use his teammates. He doesn't play off the puck that well.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
@Zaddy

Curious who you'd take here.

Probably Zegras like the majority here. You can't teach the kind of skill, vision and IQ he has. He could be a very special player.

I wouldn't be upset with either Caufield or York here either though. All three would be great fits for the Oilers.

Reactions: Aerrol

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Zegras for sure.

He'd look great with Connor, Leon and Nuge, but he could also drive his own line if he had to.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
In order of preference I have Zegras, Boldy, Newhook
Does anyone trust our organization in properly handling Podkolzin? :laugh:

Reactions: Aerrol

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In order of preference I have Zegras, Boldy, Newhook
Does anyone trust our organization in properly handling Podkolzin? :laugh:
Handling? He's under contract in the KHL for the next two seasons. Let him build up his stock in Russia under the watchful eye of one of the greatest Russians to ever play the sport.

If he comes over afterwards, he'll be on an ELC until he's 23. It would be insane to let him drop to Anaheim or Vancouver.

Regardless, he won't make it to us. Literally every ranking had him in the top five.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad