Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft

Who should the Avalanche draft at #4

• Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philip Broberg, D, AIK (Allesvenskan)

• Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

• Spenser Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Peyton Krebs, LW, Kootenay (WHL)

• Alex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

• Victor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

• Ryan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

• Cam York, D, USNTP (BC Commit)

• Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Voted Pod for who they should draft. If I was putting money on anyone in this scenario it would be Cozens.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
They should draft the most impactful player available, and I don’t believe that to be a winger in Podz.

A big, strong, smooth skating 2C is the way to go. Love me some Dach, but Cozens is the right choice here IMO.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Cozen is my choice after Byram was already off the Board. I also like Turcotte, but so many injuries is a concern.

AVs need a big scoring forward, but with tremendous skills would be a nice fit playing 2C.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
From what I saw about these guys, Cozens is my pick. We need someone who shoots first and he seems most likely to be NHL ready

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Cozens tick off a lot of the boxes. Big right shot center with a good two-way game.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Really hope we don’t pass on Turcotte but I won’t complain if it’s Pod or Cozens. If Cozens can be a Kesler-type #2 center that would be a pretty nice fit. Dach should be right there too but I don’t think he fits the Avs drafting MO as much as Turcotte or Cozens.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Podkolzin. Best player available. We aren't getting any 2c help from this draft.

Byram or Cozens are also good options.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mediocre numbers in a mediocre junior league? WANT.

Mediocre raw totals in limited games...as he barely hit double digit MHL games before getting promoted to the VHL...in a low-scoring league, but good /60 #s...even before accounting for his: age, inexperience, lack of PP time for his club sides / role, lack of time to develop chemistry with linemates, or his dominance when playing against his peer-group.

That said, his appeal isn't really in his #s, but in the player that he projects to be when he arrives in the NHL given his combination of skill, one-timer, smarts/instincts, tenacity, maturity/self-awareness, size, skating, & versatility/adaptability.

Last edited:

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I voted "other" because I expect/hope the Hawks draft Pod and leave Byram for us.

If that's not the case then BPA

I'm mildly intrigued by having our own KGB line

Kovalenko - Kamenev - Podkolzin

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->