Team Board Mock Draft

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls on the corresponding team's board. I will post the ongoing results here:

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, C, Kootenay (WHL)

8.:edmonton Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

9.:ducks2 Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

10. :nucksVasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA (KHL)

11. :flyers Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

12. :wildAlex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

13. :panthersVictor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

14. :coyotesArthur Kaliyev, LW, Hamilton (OHL)

15. :habs Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Liiga)

16. :avs Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

17. :vegas Philip Broberg, D, AIK (Allesvenskan)

18. :starsRyan Suzuki, C, Barrie (OHL)

19. :sens Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim (DEL)

20. :rangersCam York, D, USNTP (Michigan Commit)

21. :pensRaphael Lavoie, C, Halifax (QMJHL)

22. :kings2Thomas Harley, D, Mississagua (OHL)

23. :islesPhilip Tomasino, C, Niagra (OHL)

24. :nashvilleBobby Brink, RW, Sioux City (USHL Denver Commit)

25. :caps Connor McMichael, C, (London OHL)

26. :flamesNils Hoglander, LW, Rogle (SHL)

:boltsSamuel Poulin, LW, Sherbrooke (QMJHL)

28. :canesPavel Dorofeyev, LW, Magnitogorsk (KHL)

29. :ducks2Tobias Bjornfot, D, Djugarten (SHL)

30. :bruinsJohn Beecher, C, USNTP (Michigan commit)

31. :sabresJakob Pelletier, LW, Moncton (QMJHL)

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Safe to say you can update this with Kakko at #2.

Also, Hawks have a poll going on on our boards with Byram with a healthy lead. Most Hawks fans are also okay with Turcotte and Podkolzin, but give BB the edge due to being the guy who doesn't have injury concerns nor is signed to a KHL team for the next two seasons.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Chi will have 3 serious options with Pod, Byram and Turcotte and there are serious points for all 3. Very interested to see what they pick but imo it'll almost assuredly be Byram.

Avs will take a center 100% its their biggest need by a mile. Just insert whichever one you think they will feel is best. I'd personally say either Turcotte or Cozens. Anyone who doesn't have the Avs taking a center really doesn't know what they are talking about imo.

LA also just needs everything. So I could see them going with either Pod, Byram of Dach.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pro-Tip: It’s extremely sad and gross to go vote on another teams poll in an attempt to get the prospect you want for your team to drop. Equally sad to monkey-wrench results for teams you just don’t like.
Ooo, great idea. And the Av's are up next...hmmm?

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Chi will have 3 serious options with Pod, Byram and Turcotte and there are serious points for all 3. Very interested to see what they pick but imo it'll almost assuredly be Byram.

Avs will take a center 100% its their biggest need by a mile. Just insert whichever one you think they will feel is best. I'd personally say either Turcotte or Cozens. Anyone who doesn't have the Avs taking a center really doesn't know what they are talking about imo.

LA also just needs everything. So I could see them going with either Pod, Byram of Dach.

Yes Avs need a center but one of Byram or Podkolzin will be there at 4 and I don’t know how to pass on those guys

Reactions: AvsMakar08

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yes Avs need a center but one of Byram or Podkolzin will be there at 4 and I don’t know how to pass on those guys

I too think that Avs will draft BPA and not draft for the position of need. I already narrowed my list down to Byram or Podkolzin. Chicago might see us with a mighty Makar and would be hesitant to give us another top end 1st line Dman.

Either way, we will be getting a right winger sniper or a possible top offensive Dman.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
How’s Cozens speed and skill ? The more I think about it the more I’m leaning towards Kings taking him with the 5th overall pick .

Seems like a safe bet to be a top 6 player ala Ryan Johansen

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How’s Cozens speed and skill ? The more I think about it the more I’m leaning towards Kings taking him with the 5th overall pick .

Very good speed and 1v1 puck skills. Not elite, but close to it in both categories.

He's nowhere near the playmaker that Johansen is. More of an Eric Staal center if he hits his ceiling, Zibanejad type of center if he doesn't.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pro-Tip: It’s extremely sad and gross to go vote on another teams poll in an attempt to get the prospect you want for your team to drop. Equally sad to monkey-wrench results for teams you just don’t like.

Agreed

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Cozen is the perfect fit for the Kings, but might be selected by the AVs if Byram is gone. Size, speed and highly skilled. Your comparable is about right. It would be interesting and it will depend on the Hawks pick between Podkolzin, Byram or Turcotte:

Hughes
Kakko
Podkolzin
Byram
Cozens

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Very good speed and 1v1 puck skills. Not elite, but close to it in both categories.

He's nowhere near the playmaker that Johansen is. More of an Eric Staal center if he hits his ceiling, Zibanejad type of center if he doesn't.

thanks for the input ! Staal is better than RyJo so I’ll take that lol . His numbers is what’s impressed me compared to others especially as a 16 year old in the playoffs. I feel like he’s only going to get better and has a high ceiling . Speed and skill sign me up !

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Cozen is the perfect fit for the Kings, but might be selected by the AVs if Byram is gone. Size, speed and highly skilled. Your comparable is about right. It would be interesting and it will depend on the Hawks pick between Podkolzin, Byram or Turcotte:

Hughes
Kakko
Podkolzin
Byram
Cozens

Thanks for the input ! Much appreciated .
Hoping we take him after hearing few comment on him.

After seeing the top 4 picks in the NHL last year do you think Cozens might need another year or can he play in the NHL now ?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Thanks for the input ! Much appreciated .
Hoping we take him after hearing few comment on him.

After seeing the top 4 picks in the NHL last year do you think Cozens might need another year or can he play in the NHL now ?

I think any of the next tier of players Cozen, Byram or Turcotte would need at least 1-2 years. The only player that might be a concern is Podkolzin which is committed to the KHL for 2 years and maybe longer since they pay so well.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

It's actually pretty pathetic. This is all supposed to be for fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->