Prospect Info: Team board mock draft pick #31

Who?

• Ryan Johnson, D, Sioux Falls (USHL Minnesota)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaeden Korczak, D, Kelowna (WHL)

• Nathan Legare, RW, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL)

• Robert Mastrosimone, LW, Chicago (USHL Boston Committ)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In terms of talent?

Nicholas Robertson, Pelletier, Puistola, then Legare. Holmstrom is a gamble, could be right in-between the P's due to being a better skater than Puistola and Legare but the body of work is smaller. Johnson is the only defenseman in that group I'm excited about, Vlasic being tall is like people thinking Buffalo should take tall guys after they drafted Myers. They have a better player in Samuelsson already in the pipeline, with a real shortage of offensive guys up front.

Skating being a premium, Robertson, Pelletier and Holmstrom are all quality + skaters. They need more speed with skill.

And they need sets of balls one can see from space, which is why I would be very tempted to reach on Rees.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
In terms of talent?

Nicholas Robertson, Pelletier, Puistola, then Legare. Holmstrom is a gamble, could be right in-between the P's due to being a better skater than Puistola and Legare but the body of work is smaller. Johnson is the only defenseman in that group I'm excited about, Vlasic being tall is like people thinking Buffalo should take tall guys after they drafted Myers. They have a better player in Samuelsson already in the pipeline, with a real shortage of offensive guys up front.

Skating being a premium, Robertson, Pelletier and Holmstrom are all quality + skaters. They need more speed with skill.

And they need sets of balls one can see from space, which is why I would be very tempted to reach on Rees.

I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with Robertson's game. I'm by no means a regular viewer of the Petes, but when I have watched them the kid just pops off the ice. That coupled with his youth, lineage, and opportunity for growth... sign me up.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
We'll take Zegras at 7 and Vlasic at 31. We need a fresh infusion of Terrier blood, Eichel/Rodrigues/O'Regan is clearly not enough.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
My approach to voting for picks outside the top 10 is like going to a Chinese restaurant and ordering from the menu. This looks good, the #4 is intriguing, that sounds good. ewww fish sauce avoid avoid avoid. I freely admit I based my vote for Nick Robertson soley on reading a few lines about him. Pass the MSG.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
My approach to voting for picks outside the top 10 is like going to a Chinese restaurant and ordering from the menu. This looks good, the #4 is intriguing, that sounds good. ewww fish sauce avoid avoid avoid. I freely admit I based my vote for Nick Robertson soley on reading a few lines about him. Pass the MSG.

I wouldn't go with Robertson. I bet he tastes terrible.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Went with Pelletier but would be happy with any of Pelletier, Rees, Foote or Robertson. Puistola is tempting too.... but I'd probably go with a forward.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I picked stupidly, my real pick is Albin Grewe, this year's "Swede we Need" facilitation. He's got the ability to play a seamless two way game, similar to past picks (Davidsson and Asplund). I have hope for someone like Heinola, Hoglander, Bjornfot, York, Tomasino or someone falling. But, Grewe is a fine selection and really fits a possible trend for Botterill. In the third round, since we have no second Henri Nikkanen is a name I'm not "all in on", but someone I'm fond of.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I picked stupidly, my real pick is Albin Grewe, this year's "Swede we Need" facilitation. He's got the ability to play a seamless two way game, similar to past picks (Davidsson and Asplund). I have hope for someone like Heinola, Hoglander, Bjornfot, York, Tomasino or someone falling. But, Grewe is a fine selection and really fits a possible trend for Botterill. In the third round, since we have no second Henri Nikkanen is a name I'm not "all in on", but someone I'm fond of.

I don't know about Grewe's defensive game yet, but he does play like some sort of fire-and-forget missile out there. He likes to initiate contact and he hits not just to separate pucks but to crush his enemies before him and hear the lamentations of the stick boys.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I don't know about Grewe's defensive game yet, but he does play like some sort of fire-and-forget missile out there. He likes to initiate contact and he hits not just to separate pucks but to crush his enemies before him and hear the lamentations of the stick boys.

That is the best scouting reporting I've ever read.

Reactions: Chainshot

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Surprised tracey isn't an option. He was a rookie in the whl and outscored dach and krebs, and had similar ppg as cozens who were all in there 2nd/3rd seasons in the whl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->