Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Vlasic, D, USNTP (BU Commit)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Surprised at the overwhelming support for Knight. (also my pick)

There are so many concerned about the cheap Mackinnon years, they want to win sooner than later. Goalies average 4-5 years to develop and drafting another position would require half the time to develop.

Wouldn’t surprise me Sakic decide to select a Goalie in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I decided to change my vote. I had problems deciding between Broberg and York and went initially with York but I've decided to change it to Broberg. Being so close in my list I decided to go with size. We are already a bit small on the PMD side of things so it would be nice to pair these guys with bigger guys if we can. I am not a size queen usually but if they are pretty well even...why not go for that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Montreal doesn't draft out of the Q all that often. They have selected one kid from the Q in the last 3 seasons (24 picks) and he was a 5th rounder. The last 1st rounder they selected from the Q was Beaulieu in 2011 and he was the first since 1998 (Leblanc while a Frenchie, played in the USHL in 2009).

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
If we get Byram I’d definitely love to pick Lavoie at 16. We’re probably better off trading the pick for secondary scoring though

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nope. But as you said he has a fantastic shot and as I said the other day he moves well for a big guy and has very good hands.

He's not physical enough yet but he can be mean. I've seen him involved in a couple of cross check and face wash galores.

He doesn't step back.

Reactions: S E P H

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Montreal doesn't draft out of the Q all that often. They have selected one kid from the Q in the last 3 seasons (24 picks) and he was a 5th rounder. The last 1st rounder they selected from the Q was Beaulieu in 2011 and he was the first since 1998 (Leblanc while a Frenchie, played in the USHL in 2009).
And ironically, Beaulieu is from Ontario and doesn't speak French.

I still think they go after Lavoie though, it makes too much sense for a team that needs size and goal scoring.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So curious about whomever voted for Cozens and/or Knight, would you make a different pick now?

Possibly. I’m a huge fan of cozens but Byram Turcotte and Zegras have also peaked my interest so I’d definitely be on board with those three being our pick.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So curious about whomever voted for Cozens and/or Knight, would you make a different pick now?

I would still pick Knight at 16, but would be a little more open to others as well.

With regard to 4, I'd still consider Cozens, but I like Turcotte/Byram/Zegras more at that spot.

Reactions: Barklez

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Voted Turcotte/Brink and still stand by that. #16 would be a toss up between Brink/Seider and Tomasino for me right now. Interestingly, there were 0 votes for Tomasino, who's a big time riser in this draft and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's gone by #16.

Reactions: Brett44

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I still feel fine with Cozens at 4, but I know I'm in the minority on that one. Knight at 16 wasn't my pick so IDK how people feel about that now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I still feel fine with Cozens at 4, but I know I'm in the minority on that one. Knight at 16 wasn't my pick so IDK how people feel about that now.

I’m still here! I’d be just as ok with taking Cozens at 4 as I would Byram/Z/Turcotte. Think he’s a little riskier than those 3 but I really like his upside and play style.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I would not be pissed with picking Knight but I also think we should go a differant direction and build better depth with our forwards and defensemen and go with a goaly later in the draft but that jmo. I'm really liking Lavoie and Kaliyev for forwards and Soderstrom and Heinola for defenseman but I have not watched a lot of people in the #16 range to be honest.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Cozens should still be in the 4th to 8th/9th group but he seems to have lost a bit of momentum the second half of this season. Not as much as Podperson, but still.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I’m still good with Knight at 16. Wouldn’t want Cozens at 4, though. Byram or one of the USNTDP centers would be a better choice.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Cozens is still a solid player and I very much like him. I think he was better for Lethbridge than Canada, however, you definitely saw some talent limitations in the U18 when he was playing against forwards like Zegras, Turcotte, Hughes among others.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The reason I like Knight at 16 is I think he’s going to be the most sure fire prospect at that point. Size. Athleticism. Pedigree.

And yeah, if GROOO continues to play like he did in the playoffs, you just trade Knight later, because when he’s closer to being NHL ready, he’ll be even more valuable.

Mind you, this might all be for not because I’m starting to think Knight will go before 16.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad