Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fan vote draft that will go through each team's board.

Two Day Poll.

Please only vote for a player if you are an Avalanche fan.

Who should the Avs pick at #15?

1. :devils Jack Hughes, C, USNTP 88.6%

2. :rangers Kappo Kakko, RW, TPS 94.0%

3. :hawksBowen Byram, D, Vancouver (WHL) 63.2%

4. :avs Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge (WHL) 32.6%

5. :kings Alex Turcotte, C, USNTP (Wisconsin Commit) 48.5%

6.:wingsKirby Dach, C, Saskatoon (WHL)

7. :sabresPeyton Krebs, C, Kootenay (WHL)

8.:edmonton Trevor Zegras, C, USNTP (BU Commit)

9.:ducks2 Matthew Boldy, LW, USNTP (BC Commit)

10. :nucksVasili Podkolzin, RW, SKA (KHL)

11. :flyers Cole Caufield, RW, USNTP (Wisco Commit)

12. :wildAlex Newhook, C, Victoria (BCHL, BC Commit)

13. :panthersVictor Soderstrom, D, Brynas IF (SHL)

14. :coyotesArthur Kaliyev, LW, Hamilton (OHL)

15. :habs Ville Heinola, D, Lukko (Liiga)

16. :avs Spencer Knight, G, USNTP (BC Commit)

17.:vegas:huh::confused:

Link to the results thread

Last edited:

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
This is a tough one. Knight is a serious option, so is a defenseman like Broberg, Harley and York, but I don't really fancy any of the latter three, and it pains me to pick a goalie so high.

My two favorite options for this pick is to 1) Trade the pick for an established top 6 fwd or 2) trade down to ~20-22 and pick up Knight there.

All that said, my pick here is, of course :sarcasm:, Bobby Orr.

Edit: Thinking more about this pick and the (lack of quality) options here; getting more and more willing to trade the pick for immediate help by the day.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
This is a tough one. Knight is a serious option, so is a defenseman like Broberg, Harley and York, but I don't really fancy any of the latter three, and it pains me to pick a goalie so high.

My two favorite options for this pick is to 1) Trade the pick for an established top 6 fwd or 2) trade down to ~20-22 and pick up Knight there.

All that said, my pick here is, of course :sarcasm:, Bobby Orr.
I just voted Knight. Don't risk trading down a bit. Just take him. I do like your ideas though.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Picked Lavoie. 2 solid QMJHL seasons and 5 goals at the WJC with relatively limited minutes in comparison to some other big names. 6'4 200 lbs at 18. Could be NHL ready relatively soon with that size, pairing him with someone like Dach and getting a big skilled line full of players around the 6'3-6'4 range would be pretty big for the playoffs.

Reactions: Brett44

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Toss up between Broberg and York but I went with the latter because of higher offense potential.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Between Broberg and York for me out of the group. Knight is good but it’s hard to project goalies. I remember people telling me that Campbell or Fucale had franchise potential too.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Don’t like drafting Goalies so high, but Knight is the BPA. They need 4-5 years to develop and Sakic might want a player to impact the team sooner.

Playoffs exposed, they need offensive Forward help. I like Lavoie/Kaliyev/Newhook or trade down to LAK 22nd + 33rd.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Voting for Broberg, York, or possibly Tomasino at 16 in that scenario.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
lots of players to like at 16 in this scenario. Went with Knight in the poll but id love to take a shot Lavoie. Seems like York would be a good pick too.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Hard to choose between York and Broberg but I went with the former. If the Avs go forwards I'd be ok with Lavoie.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Cozens (6'3, 180) or Dach (6'4, 185) at 4 and Lavoie (6'4, 195) at 16 would be amazing.

We would have some serious high end skill players with size and grit. Throw in Bowers (6'2, 190), Kamanev (6'2, 195) and Kaut (6'2, 180) and we would be a real tough team to play against.

Landeskog- Mack- Rantanen
Bowers- Dach- Lavoie
Compher- Jost- Kaut
Nieto- Kamanev- Calvert

That is a nice looking forward group core that will be here for a long time.

Reactions: LTC Pain

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Philip Broberg or Spencer Knight here for me (I see Cam York is also available). I ultimately chose Broberg because he's dropped in these rankings and yesterday showed that Avs aren't that far away of being a premier playoff contender. Broberg might not be the best BPA on that list over Knight, but he should develop faster and become a great addition to our playoff campaigns much more before Knight. I'm fine with continuing to trading picks and prospects for top end goalers if we miss out on Knight.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
There will be some great option there at 16.

I really like Knight, Harley, Soderstrom, Heinola, Tomasino, and while I think he is overrated at 16 Broberg would be a great add as well.

I'm very interested to see where Brink, Poulin and Doro go as well.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Lots of good options, but I went with the best LHD available in Broberg. We need to shore up that position with this draft, and we can afford to slow-walk his development now too. I get that Knight is probably winning this one, and I understand the appeal, but with Grubi solidifying himself as a legit starter in the league I think the urgency has gone down since January.

TatteredTornNFrayed

ocelot spleens, ...
Jan 15, 2008
Broberg looked like the BPA still available at 16. Been intrigued for a long time by possibility of Lavoie, but went with Broberg.

Cant get on board with Knight at 16. If they like him, would much rather try to move up from 47 back into late 1st round.

Reactions: highlandeskog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->