WC: Team Austria

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The lines don't look good.

Hundertpfund is a 2 way forward with limited offensive capabilities. He should be on the 4th line as a checking forward with Obrist. Haudum or Rauchenwald should center Hofer/Zwerger. Also, the absence of Viveiros and Ulmer are huge for us. We're extremely low on good Ds, and they're two of our best.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The lines don't look good.

Hundertpfund is a 2 way forward with limited offensive capabilities. He should be on the 4th line as a checking forward with Obrist. Haudum or Rauchenwald should center Hofer/Zwerger. Also, the absence of Viveiros and Ulmer are huge for us. We're extremely low on good Ds, and they're two of our best.

As far as I remember Hundertpfund's game, he is able to be decent in the offensive zone too. He is the type of tall forward with long arms, who can use his reach to protect the puck or steal it from the opponent when he is on a forecheck. Unfortunately he does not possess remarkable finishing abilities, his shot is rather weak (as far as I remember). But playing with two wingers who are good finishers, he can fight for the puck along the boards, help the the team to keep it in the zone and open some space for his wingers. Something quite similar like Jaskin in the Czech team (albeit Jaskin is a winger) - a player who can be very useful in a line with technical players/finishers, if the coach gives him the role of the checker/big body in front the net, and doesn't expect him to show any miraculous skills.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
As far as I remember Hundertpfund's game, he is able to be decent in the offensive zone too. He is the type of tall forward with long arms, who can use his reach to protect the puck or steal it from the opponent when he is on a forecheck. Unfortunately he does not possess remarkable finishing abilities, his shot is rather weak (as far as I remember). But playing with two wingers who are good finishers, he can fight for the puck along the boards, help the the team to keep it in the zone and open some space for his wingers. Something quite similar like Jaskin in the Czech team (albeit Jaskin is a winger) - a player who can be very useful in a line with technical players/finishers, if the coach gives him the role of the checker/big body in front the net, and doesn't expect him to show any miraculous skills.

That said, other than Hundertpfund Jaskin is a player with good finishing capabilities, and quite productive once paired with skilled linemates like Krejci, Pastrnak etc.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
That said, other than Hundertpfund Jaskin is a player with good finishing capabilities, and quite productive once paired with skilled linemates like Krejci, Pastrnak etc.

Hundertpfund never played with such natural born scorers. I believe that paired with a very good finisher, like Dominic Zwerger, he could help to make some things happen.

jibbz

Mar 9, 2019
damn they dominated Canada in the OT, could have easily scored a second goal

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Heard from you guys there will be decent number of Austrians in Bratislava, there was almost nobody in stands today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad