-Layton Parsons
-Riley Scott
-Colby Tower
-Will Bower
-Jonathan Arsenault
-Jesse Hamer
-JM Leblanc
-Jordan King

D will actually be alright but as usual the offense won't be strong and the goalies won't even be in major junior

brec7

Nov 28, 2006
Sydney, NS
guesstimation:

-Chris Smith
-Fred Foulem or Rowen O'Brien

-Luc Deschenes
-Andrew Picco
-Will Thompson
-Matthew Paul
-Nicholas Welsh
-Phil Myers
-Adam Holwell
-Cam Lee

-Nathan Noel
-Campbell Pickard
-Mitch Balmas (98)
-Johnny Jones
-Layton Parsons
-Riley Scott
-Colby Tower
-Will Bower
-Jonathan Arsenault
-Jesse Hamer
-JM Leblanc
-Jordan King

D will actually be alright but as usual the offense won't be strong and the goalies won't even be in major junior

If Balmas gets a look as a 98, does Keith Getson? I haven't checked the stats but I heard he's been ripping up major midget in Nova Scotia. I know he was heavily shadowed at major bantam provincials last year.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
If Balmas gets a look as a 98, does Keith Getson? I haven't checked the stats but I heard he's been ripping up major midget in Nova Scotia. I know he was heavily shadowed at major bantam provincials last year.
Getson was not invited to the summer U17 camp, so as far as I know, he's not eligible.
The only 98's invited were Balmas and Jordan Maher from Newfoundland.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
2 years ago Alex Gallant made it as an underage that wasn't invited to summer camp. So unless the rule has changed I expect to see Getson there. Did they do away with the rule of taking 3 from each province yet?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Getson was not invited to the summer U17 camp, so as far as I know, he's not eligible.
The only 98's invited were Balmas and Jordan Maher from Newfoundland.

Happens all the time. Year I was there Luke Adam made it and he wasn't in Wolfville.

localfan

Jul 9, 2011
2 years ago Alex Gallant made it as an underage that wasn't invited to summer camp. So unless the rule has changed I expect to see Getson there. Did they do away with the rule of taking 3 from each province yet?

Yes, I believe they turfed that rule last year

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011

Yeah they can take who every they want based on their seasons, same as all the other HPP teams. You no longer have to be a camp invite, although it greatly increases the likelihood your progress will be followed.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I thought it happened last year when they couldn't take a kid because he wasn't at camp?

Edit: Was it spencer smallman?

Last edited:

ns64

Aug 8, 2013
I thought it happened last year when they couldn't take a kid because he wasn't at camp?

Edit: Was it spencer smallman?

I think there was three or four player's on the team last year that never attended camp.? I may be wrong about that.

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012
guesstimation:

-Chris Smith
-Fred Foulem or Rowen O'Brien

-Luc Deschenes
-Andrew Picco
-Will Thompson
-Matthew Paul
-Nicholas Welsh
-Phil Myers
-Adam Holwell
-Cam Lee

-Nathan Noel
-Campbell Pickard
-Mitch Balmas (98)
-Johnny Jones
-Layton Parsons
-Riley Scott
-Colby Tower
-Will Bower
-Jonathan Arsenault
-Jesse Hamer
-JM Leblanc
-Jordan King

Is this how you rank the player's in your opinion or just a random list

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Is this how you rank the player's in your opinion or just a random list

nonono I picked the top 97s off the top of my head :laugh:

I got to the goalies and the only 1 I could think of was Rowan O'Brien so I looked up the camp roster to check who the goalies were. While there I made sure the guys I listed where on that roster.

If I had my choice I'd throw Getson and Evan Fitzpatrick on there but from what I understand you need to be at camp to make the team.

Anyone else gunna make a list?! :)

ns64

Aug 8, 2013

I got to the goalies and the only 1 I could think of was Rowan O'Brien so I looked up the camp roster to check who the goalies were. While there I made sure the guys I listed where on that roster.

If I had my choice I'd throw Getson and Evan Fitzpatrick on there but from what I understand you need to be at camp to make the team.

Who would they replace.?

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011

No way man - :P
Yours is pretty close to what i would see going

Possibly inject NL's Jordan King into the mix as a replace for Jesse Hamer or Layton Parsons.

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
Christopher Smith
Rowan Obrien

Luc Deschenes
Adam Holwell
Andrew Picco
Will Thompson
Nick Welsh
Phil Myers
Matt Paul

Nathan Noel
Jordan King
JM Leblanc
Campbell Pickard
Will Bower
Keith Getson
Mitchell Balmas
Riley Scott
Layton Parson
Jonathan Arsenault
Jese Hamer

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
No way man - :P
Yours is pretty close to what i would see going

Possibly inject NL's Jordan King into the mix as a replace for Jesse Hamer or Layton Parsons.

whatchutalkin about? He's the last forward on my list! :laugh:

Christopher Smith
Rowan Obrien

Luc Deschenes
Adam Holwell
Andrew Picco
Will Thompson
Nick Welsh
Phil Myers
Matt Paul

Nathan Noel
Jordan King
JM Leblanc
Campbell Pickard
Will Bower
Keith Getson
Mitchell Balmas
Riley Scott
Layton Parson
Jonathan Arsenault
Jese Hamer

No Colby Tower (actually in Jr. A unlike a lot of your roster in Midget still) and Johnny Jones (Shattuck Alumn ripping Midget apart?) whaaaa

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
both will be there, was just going off top of my head. im sure there was more I missed as well

Alright sounds good. Wanted to see if people thought I was overrated those guys.

I, like most, want to see Getson at the tournament but I'm still certain he's not allowed due to not being invited to camp. I guess we'll have to wait & see unless someone has a source they can post that can help us out

hockey4life13

May 2, 2011
Alright sounds good. Wanted to see if people thought I was overrated those guys.

I, like most, want to see Getson at the tournament but I'm still certain he's not allowed due to not being invited to camp. I guess we'll have to wait & see unless someone has a source they can post that can help us out

Last year Noel and Deschenes were invited but not at camp , Jonny Erbs was not invited , was not at camp and was named to the team.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

You don't need to be at camp to make the team. I am 100 % sure of this, but I have no clue how to find a source

hockey jockey

Feb 16, 2012

Jonny Erbs was not at camp last year and played on the team

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
if '98s are going I'll throw Fitzpatrick and Getson on there immediately. Still the best players are Noel and then three 98s lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->