Confirmed with Link: TDL Janmark acquired from Chicago for pick (+ DiSimone from Sharks)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Getzlaf, hopefully.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The Knights would really have to pull off some cap gymnastics in order to get it to work.

After getting Janmark, i extremely doubt it happens. Especially since the Knights only have 26 minutes until the deadline.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

The Knights would really have to pull off some cap gymnastics in order to get it to work.

After getting Janmark, i extremely doubt it happens. Especially since the Knights only have 26 minutes until the deadline.
Lehner was, what, 1 second left? :laugh:

I doubt Getz happens, though. Patrick seems more likely.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

26 minutes to report the trade. Extra time to work out details if it is reported by 3PM EST.

That said, I think we are done. Any remaining trade would be a pretty big money in money out thing and I don't see that happening.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Getzlaf would be the purest form of mercenary buy ever seen. At least when a guy like Borque was traded it was clear he was gone until he retired. In this case where we know Getzlaf is certain to be suiting up with our divisional rivals in October just feels very wrong to me.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Getzlaf would be the purest form of mercenary buy ever seen. At least when a guy like Borque was traded it was clear he was gone until he retired. In this case where we know Getzlaf is certain to be suiting up with our divisional rivals in October just feels very wrong to me.

Yeah, the McGMs don't have a history of taking on pure dead-end rentals with no hope of signing if they fit.

I mean don't get me wrong, they may not sign Janmark because of Cap Space, but I don't think Vegas wants to bring on someone who literally wants to be on the team that traded him away.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The bright side is this forward group is considerably faster than it was 2 weeks ago with Janmark & Nosek in the top 9 and Kolesar on the 4th line.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I have to admit that GOATesar was growing on me. He was starting to become more responsible with the puck, i.e. far fewer wild passes for turnovers. Just at that time, he gets an owie.

I agree Koleslaw is improving by leaps and bounds. That just makes Reaves irrelevant while Janmark most definitely juices the third line. People didn't love him in Dallas last year, but if he takes some pressure off Tuch and Nosek, while putting Koleslaw on the 4th line where he belongs, it's a smart move.

Reactions: G Backup

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The bright side is this forward group is considerably faster than it was 2 weeks ago with Janmark & Nosek in the top 9 and Kolesar on the 4th line.
Janmark-Nosey-Tuch will be one speedy line.

Janmark also kills penalties, so will see if they use him there.

Getting DeSimone I dislike, Henderson is filled to the brim with D, so they add another one. Would've preferred a player playing in Europe, tbh.

Reactions: G Backup

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yeah, the McGMs don't have a history of taking on pure dead-end rentals with no hope of signing if they fit.

I mean don't get me wrong, they may not sign Janmark because of Cap Space, but I don't think Vegas wants to bring on someone who literally wants to be on the team that traded him away.

If they can dump Reaves then they can sign him. Not sure if they will because at some point you have to promote your youth, but the ability would be there. I know half the fan base is going to hate it but Reaves has got to go, so maybe this is the move which makes it happen.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Janmark-Nosey-Tuch will be one speedy line.

Janmark also kills penalties, so will see if they use him there.

Getting DeSimone I dislike, Henderson is filled to the brim with D, so they add another one. Would've preferred a player playing in Europe, tbh.

I doubt they had much say in who they took back. Probably told the Sharks to make the deal happen we'll take anyone you want to give up as long as his contract is expiring.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I doubt they had much say in who they took back. Probably told the Sharks to make the deal happen we'll take anyone you want to give up as long as his contract is expiring.

Yeah, I don't think there is any stipulation they have to play DeSimone.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah, I don't think there is any stipulation they have to play DeSimone.

I think they asked Deboer if there were any Sharks he thought would be a good depth addition. They did need a veteran RHD for the black aces and Pachal hasn't been very good this season.

Dahlstrom, Bischoff, Schuldt & Hayes are all lefties.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I know they've turned coal into diamonds before but I don't see it here. Color me unimpressed but we'll see.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I know they've turned coal into diamonds before but I don't see it here. Color me unimpressed but we'll see.
He's running nearly .5 PPG this season, his average before this season was 0.37 PPG. Along with his outlying points this season, he has an uncharacteristic +/- of -17. He averaged -3 the prior four seasons. We all know that +/- is a poor indication of defensive play. When you look at his Corsi numbers, they are what you would expect of a 3rd line winger, averaging around 48.1%. If Roy centers him, that can go down. Nosek, it can go up. He is what they were looking for, a budget, non-stellar forward who can and likes to get to the net for dirty tip ins and rebound goals.

A lump of coal he is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->