Confirmed with Link: TDL Janmark acquired from Chicago for pick (+ DiSimone from Sharks)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Looking like a 5th to SJS for eating the cap. Minor league player coming back to Vegas. I'm too lazy to link the tweet LOL

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Looking like a 5th to SJS for eating the cap. Minor league player coming back to Vegas. I'm too lazy to link the tweet LOL
tenor.gif

2nd+3rd+5th is a bit steep, even if he's better than Smith this year

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So basically this is bye Cody, see you when you come to Vegas in another team's sweater?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So basically this is bye Cody, see you when you come to Vegas in another team's sweater?

I would think Janmark slots in at 3LW regardless and Tuch goes back to RW finally. I doubt Janmark has played a game at C in ages.

The bad news is this pushes Kolesar down the depth chart.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Vegas is in win-now mode, and I don't think anyone would say that Cody has exactly been a star contributor.

I'm not commenting on that, just feels like this is saying Glass is not going to be part of this team this year and I'm sure they will want to find someone else to fill that role in the offseason. So basically they might as well trade him. Gets better value than playing him in Henderson.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Listed as LW/C on capfriendly.

NHL.com has him as a center only. Knowing the mad scientist we have at head coach and his brilliant PP sidekick he'll probably slot in as seventh defense and PP QB or some other god awful idea.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He's listed as a center everywhere, seems like that's the position more in need than winger.
Marchessault is also listed as a center at very many places(NHL.com has him ONLY as a center). Just like Marchy, Janmark's a winger. He's able to fill in for a center if multiple are injured, but it's not ideal.

Janmark missed an entire season and then some with a very rare genetic knee condition, so there's a feel-good story there for people to latch onto this season with him.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The question is will he follow our other deadline acquisitions by scoring a goal in his debut for the Knights.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Marchessault is also listed as a center at very many places(NHL.com has him ONLY as a center). Just like Marchy, Janmark's a winger. He's able to fill in for a center if multiple are injured, but it's not ideal.

Janmark missed an entire season and then some with a very rare genetic knee condition, so there's a feel-good story there for people to latch onto this season with him.

But the whole reason why I started this line of thinking is center is the role they can replace right now and it feels like its a bye to Cody statement. They have no need for a winger at the moment until someone gets hurt. So is this really a winger move? If so then who is getting bumped from the lineup? Maybe they are going to dump Reaves come playoff time? I'd be all for that, but not quite clear what the motive is here.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
But the whole reason why I started this line of thinking is center is the role they can replace right now and it feels like its a bye to Cody statement. They have no need for a winger at the moment until someone gets hurt. So is this really a winger move? If so then who is getting bumped from the lineup? Maybe they are going to dump Reaves come playoff time? I'd be all for that, but not quite clear what the motive is here.
Why did they get Cousins? Janmark's a much better get than Cousins, and replacing Kolesar with him in the top-9 is a great move.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Why did they get Cousins? Janmark's a much better get than Cousins, and replacing Kolesar with him in the top-9 is a great move.

I have to admit that GOATesar was growing on me. He was starting to become more responsible with the puck, i.e. far fewer wild passes for turnovers. Just at that time, he gets an owie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->