TDL 2021: What will Chuck do?

What will Chuck do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Trade Braun, Raffl , Gus and Laughton (unless he signs for under 2.5). If you can somehow get rid of JVR then do that as well. Do not trade anyone under 25 unless its for someone better thats under 25!! That can happen before the ED.... that's when I expect us to be active

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No...the trade was 2 7th's for Desnoyers. You are ignoring trading a 4th and a 5th for Wisdom to make it sound better by just saying 2 7ths. It's shit like this that you do all the time.

Just like the Leafs dropping DOWN to then select the WJC best Dman later than our 2nd rd Dman was a great use of assets.

And now we sit with our 5 picks from the draft while the Leafs sit with their 12 picks to see who had the better draft.

Wait. He was the best WJC defenseman? Does that guarantee NHL success? (the quality of competition this year was more erratic than normal).
Because every team passed over him twice.
And he's not exactly trearing up Liiga, anymore than Andrae is tearing up the SHL.
Hey, let's wait a couple years before jumping to conclusions?

Reactions: phil162888

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
this is still a fringe playoff team as it was when he took over 7 years ago

Crazy, innit?

2013-2014 - Lavi was fired, Homer was "promoted," and Hextall named GM, the Flyers finished 42-30-10 (.573).

Two GMs, three coaches, and seven years later..

2021 - Flyers are 19-16-6 (.536) after an historic March collapse.

Yay us!

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
How has this f***face not traded anyone yet? We're losing to the Sabres, dipstick. He's gonna stand pat and come out with some line about how we couldn't afford to trade anyone in the heat of a "playoff race." lmfao

Reactions: Lurch

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No...the trade was 2 7th's for Desnoyers. You are ignoring trading a 4th and a 5th for Wisdom to make it sound better by just saying 2 7ths. It's shit like this that you do all the time.

Just like the Leafs dropping DOWN to then select the WJC best Dman later than our 2nd rd Dman was a great use of assets.

And now we sit with our 5 picks from the draft while the Leafs sit with their 12 picks to see who had the better draft.

The Leafs literally traded their Laughton’s last summer in Kapanen & Johnsson to create cap space & asset flexibility. This is on top sinking a first rounder in a trade to make Marleau’s contact go away outright.

There is absolutely nothing shrewd about Fletcher’s asset/cap management to this point. He’s burning assets & capspace to make this team marginally better.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m guessing a Laughton extension & maybe a Gustafsson trade (for essentially nothing).

XBmuSSS.jpg

Unfortunately Chuck has become so painfully predictable. So essentially fishing with dynamite here.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
The Leafs literally traded their Laughton’s last summer in Kapanen & Johnsson to create cap space & asset flexibility. This is on top sinking a first rounder in a trade to make Marleau’s contact go away outright.

There is absolutely nothing shrewd about Fletcher’s asset/cap management to this point. He’s burning assets & capspace to make this team marginally better.

The Leafs had negative cap space that's why they moved them they had too. Plus the team needed more grit.. Flyers need speed and grit which is why they want to keep the one guy who provides both...seems reasonable

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Is anyone surprised? Chuck did nothing, other than secure a decent player (Laughton) for a five year deal, and part company with his mistake from the offseason Gustafsson (by paying for his signing bonus) and letting a decent two-way player go to a rival within the division (Raffl to the Caps).
I'm not surprised at all. This is very like Fletcher was when he was with Minnesota, in fact this team is now as boring and predictable as the Wild. Actually, the Wild is getting better while the Flyers are swirling around the toilet bowl and are ready to head right for the sewer.
Fletcher had better do some significant deals in the offseason, and retool this horrible team.
From now until the end of the season, the Flyers might win as many as 3 games. Yes, they are that bad.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Is anyone surprised? Chuck did nothing, other than secure a decent player (Laughton) for a five year deal, and part company with his mistake from the offseason Gustafsson (by paying for his signing bonus) and letting a decent two-way player go to a rival within the division (Raffl to the Caps).
I'm not surprised at all. This is very like Fletcher was when he was with Minnesota, in fact this team is now as boring and predictable as the Wild. Actually, the Wild is getting better while the Flyers are swirling around the toilet bowl and are ready to head right for the sewer.
Fletcher had better do some significant deals in the offseason, and retool this horrible team.
From now until the end of the season, the Flyers might win as many as 3 games. Yes, they are that bad.

This is what I'm scared of, soon CF will enter the save his job phase, once he does that he'll sell young assets for 'mediocre, hey I did something before vets'.

The guy has been a horrible hire.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

If there's anything his prior employment has taught us, it's that we don't want him doing significant deals.

He needs to be fired. He had his try. This is not a GM that you trust long-term.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Last few years I have felt like an outside observer of this team and not a vested fan. I feel like I can better assess the team's future moving forward since I have no further emotional attachment. Having said this....Chuck Fletcher inspires very little confidence in me. I have seen his playbook before and it bodes for a very uneven tenure like Holmgren. Swirling in the toilet bowl is right and eventually the shit will just clog. 50 years of no cup here we come.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I now approach games with all the joy of Russian poetry.

the ice glistens, cold and hard as life itself
From the bench comes the call. “Hagg! Braun!”
Confusion reigns. Players scatter
A save. Another. A superhuman effort. A Clear! flubbed.
Bodies everywhere, but no hope. In the net. Again.
Sadness comes with the bitter winds
Distant memories of cups and broken ankles cannot satiate
The hunger of so many dedicated and frustrated fans
So let’s barbecue AV, Therien, and the front office so the children may have hope

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad