TDL 2021: What will Chuck do?

What will Chuck do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
when are we going to be buyers like the islanders??? We need to utilize giroux/voracek/couts while we still can

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
when are we going to be buyers like the islanders??? We need to utilize giroux/voracek/couts while we still can

Why? They've proven they're not good enough to carry a team deep into the playoffs.
So why spend assets to tweak a team around them?
Rather, build a team and let them be complementary players.

Reactions: IronMarshal

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I’m guessing a Laughton extension & maybe a Gustafsson trade (for essentially nothing).

Plus Raffl will be gone.... Braun should be but this team doesn't have the foresight to do that. Instead will be getting rid of Morin, Ghost and either Sanheim or Myers.

They will keep Braun to be York's partner on 3rd pair because we need vet presence.... won't work and those 3 that will be gone will all be productive on their new teams.. That's the Flyers curse right.. we try and develop a player... lose patience and the player enters his prime years and produces as we first expected.....

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Why? They've proven they're not good enough to carry a team deep into the playoffs.
So why spend assets to tweak a team around them?
Rather, build a team and let them be complementary players.

ummmm ya they are extremely good complementary players. That is literally what they should be right now and are doing a great job of it. If we can get our young players to carry the team, we need to utilize g/voracek as complementary pieces and make a strong run while they are still here. This year should've been the year we were buyers and it didn't happen. I am saying we need to get into this position and take advantage while they are still here cus then it will have to be a completely different retool once they are gone

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
He should eye up a goalie, maybe Merziklins or one of the Bruins young guys, to play alongside Carter next season. It’s clear that Carter needs a guy that can share full time duties with him, and Elliot is finished.

Reactions: Adam Warlock

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He should eye up a goalie, maybe Merziklins or one of the Bruins young guys, to play alongside Carter next season. It’s clear that Carter needs a guy that can share full time duties with him, and Elliot is finished.

I would look to Broisoit possibly. Jets D is quite awful as well and he puts up decent numbers.

Pretty sure they have trained together as well. Doubt he leaves Wpg but if we give him a bit more money , like 1.7 per for 2 years he may come.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I would look to Broisoit possibly. Jets D is quite awful as well and he puts up decent numbers.

Pretty sure they have trained together as well. Doubt he leaves Wpg but if we give him a bit more money , like 1.7 per for 2 years he may come.

He'd be perfect. With the expansion draft coming we should be able to get a strong back up that if Hart tumbles again can truly win the job or if Hart regains his confidence would be a great backup. I would think for a goalie because of this season it has to be one of the better lading spots as a back up

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Players who should be on the block
Voracek
JVR
Raffl
Laughton
Braun
Hagg
Gus
Elliot

Find takers for any of them. Aquire as many picks and prospects heading into the draft. Make the big play for Eichel, a back up goaltender and a solid young defenseman.

Remove the entire coaching staff from Flyers through to Phantoms.

If Fletcher stands pat tonight, this franchise is worthless.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Voracek
JVR
Raffl
Laughton
Braun
Hagg
Gus
Elliot

Find takers for any of them. Aquire as many picks and prospects heading into the draft. Make the big play for Eichel, a back up goaltender and a solid young defenseman.

just get a goalie via FA so we don't spend assets, voracek shouldn't be on the block (he means more to us than in a cup run than just trading him for future stuff), but agree on everything else...and you called me out for saying we suck..jk lol

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
although I do hear laughotn might get resigned which makes absolutely no sense to me. Laughton resigning tells me that they will protect him (otherwise whats the point in resigning). That could leave 2 of jvr/voracel/lindblom unprotected. I think fletcheer will either make the right moves on expansion or absolutely shock us all. hella nervous

CowboyDan

Jan 28, 2017
Germany
Voracek
JVR
Raffl
Laughton
Braun
Hagg
Gus
Elliot

Man, I really hope somebody wants some of this garbage.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Can we read into the fact that they recently brought up the 2 guys that make Laughton redundant? Am I in denial and grasping at straws?

Reactions: BernieParent

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Would we agree to trade Laughton within the Division?
It could be tough to maximize the outcome when a player has shown improved play and great attitude mainly on display only during the current shortened season.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
They're not trading Patrick at the TDL, that makes zero sense.

Preach. Why the F would they do that, after him basically sitting out a year, during a covid season, with an all time low value. Well, I should say "why, aside from being Fletcher"

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Waking up to all the moves that were made after I went to bed. Flyers still silent. Figures. With the prices for other players I can’t see Laughton and Raffl returning anything significant.

Our major moves will come in the off season.

Reactions: BernieParent

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
"f*** us over" should be a poll option

I vote that.

An outcome that doesn't hurt us is unlikely. An outcome that helps us is almost impossible.
This 1000 times this, I will say whatever “big” trade/move in the offseason will hirt the Flyers so much more, or he’ll play pocket pool again and sign trade for a Thompson-esque player, oh and not to mention thenclown show that is the coaching staff will be here

Reactions: Amorgus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad