TDL 2020, watching all the trades go down

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lehner won't take pay cut to remain with Blackhawks
Unlikely he'll take a pay-cut, but also says he don't want to be overpaid. So it basically comes down to what he thinks he's worth himself. Not sure what contracts goalies with similar numbers have atm.
The market price for him is 5-6M. Only 5 goalies have 7+M contracts: Hank(8.5M), Rask(7M), Price(10.5M), Bob(10M), & our very own Flower(7M). There's 3 between 6, & 7M: Gibson(6.4M), Hellebuyck(6.16M), & Holtby(6.1M). Everybody else is at or under 6M.

So, 6M seems realistic, it's also what Markström is looking for.

Should also note that he offered to sign a 3-year deal for "less money", but the Hawks never offered him that.

Reactions: Vegas07 and nihlify

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I see the problem being how overpaid Fleury is. I guess 7 million for an average save percentage is fine when you are expected to start virtually every game...but if we were paying him what he is worth say 5.5-6 million per then we could give Lehner the same amount and have a pretty good duo.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I can easily see them paying 13m for 2 goalies. Getting a #1 in his prime is something that would have kept coming up again and again - and look what people are trying to get an unproven Georgiev for.

This is why it would have been a good idea to get LA to retain on Martinez.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad