TDL 2020, watching all the trades go down

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I don't hate Malcolm but he never made me believe he could take Fleury's mantle. I still think this team should draft at least one goalie every year to have a fallback in case Lehner doesn't work out.

Otherwise, solid deal.
He was a classic backup goalie, and they rarely become starters.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

You can pretty much rule out any moves with the D for the near future now. We have 5 vets +Whitecloud/Hague locked up. Should also mean Merrill and Engo are gone for sure.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
This offseason is going to be really interesting with regards to the forwards. Cousins, Carrier, Roy and Chandler all RFA. Nosek/Reaves UFA. As it stands our top 8 forward slots are already filled. I think we might see them move Tuch for futures and use that cap towards Lehner if Alex doesn't have a strong finish this year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This offseason is going to be really interesting with regards to the forwards. Cousins, Carrier, Roy and Chandler all RFA. Nosek/Reaves UFA. As it stands our top 8 forward slots are already filled. I think we might see them move Tuch for futures and use that cap towards Lehner if Alex doesn't have a strong finish this year.

Probably the safe bet that he won't.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Probably the safe bet that he won't.

I agree, but the one thing going for him now is he should actually have legit top 9 talent to work with. Some combo of Cousins/Stephenson/Roy/Glass instead of Carrier/Eakin.

Maybe Lehner is in fact a pure rental. Definitely doesn't look like they could sign him though without moving a sizeable deal out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I agree, but the one thing going for him now is he should actually have legit top 9 talent to work with. Some combo of Cousins/Stephenson/Roy/Glass instead of Carrier/Eakin.

Maybe Lehner is in fact a pure rental. Definitely doesn't look like they could sign him though without moving a sizeable deal out.
Tuch's problem is he hasn't learned to rely on his linemates since we traded Perron, Haula, and Neal. He tries to lone wolf bull his way to the net and often loses it on his own accord.

I mean I was such a big fan of his Y1 that I almost got his name and number on my inaugural jersey but his game has regressed since then and hasn't shown any signs of improvement. I mean when he was with Glass, who's best asset is great set up plays, he was completely out of sync and was never in the right place to receive a set up pass. He has to change the way he thinks the sport otherwise he'll just be a career energy third/fourth liner. He has the talent and physical gifts to be a star but he's not thinking the game at a high enough level.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Tuch's problem is he hasn't learned to rely on his linemates since we traded Perron, Haula, and Neal. He tries to lone wolf bull his way to the net and often loses it on his own accord.

I mean I was such a big fan of his Y1 that I almost got his name and number on my inaugural jersey but his game has regressed since then and hasn't shown any signs of improvement. I mean when he was with Glass, who's best asset is great set up plays, he was completely out of sync and was never in the right place to receive a set up pass. He has to change the way he thinks the sport otherwise he'll just be a career energy third/fourth liner. He has the talent and physical gifts to be a star but he's not thinking the game at a high enough level.

You kinda lost me here. Tuch's best hockey was last year after all 3 of them were already gone. He was a great fit with Pacioretty before Stone came in. This year there has been no consistency in the quality of his linemates and he's missed significant time with 3 different injuries.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How is everyone's confidence in this team after getting Lehner?

I have to say I'm looking forward to the playoffs with him and Martinez. Cousins is nice depth too.

Interest in Gustafsson probably died down after Martinez scored again last night.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How is everyone's confidence in this team after getting Lehner?

I have to say I'm looking forward to the playoffs with him and Martinez. Cousins is nice depth too.

Interest in Gustafsson probably died down after Martinez scored again last night.
Interest in Gustafsson should have died down after they scouted him.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You kinda lost me here. Tuch's best hockey was last year after all 3 of them were already gone. He was a great fit with Pacioretty before Stone came in. This year there has been no consistency in the quality of his linemates and he's missed significant time with 3 different injuries.
It was but it fell apart once he started slumping.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I like Tuchy. I think he has a bright future if he can stop with the Leroy Jenkins charges.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
One thing is for sure, Vegas sure likes making these last minute trades.

Also, the Lehner trade really caught me off guard.

I was not expecting that to happen. I wanted a better backup, but i thought for sure they were going to try to deal with it in the offseason.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, i think this is the last year the Knights should be giving away draft picks.

Constantly giving away draft picks is not a good idea.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Honestly, i think this is the last year the Knights should be giving away draft picks.

Constantly giving away draft picks is not a good idea.
All draft picks we've given this season have really been from a surplus. Constantly giving away those is no problem at all. We have 20 draft picks the next 3 drafts instead of 21.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know but I don't think it's a coincidence there were reports of Lehner and Gustafsson being offered in a package deal on Saturday.
I'm not saying there wasn't interest in the organization. I'm saying there shouldn't have been. Trading for Gus is like hiring a guy because he makes really good powerpoints, like better than all your other employees, but sucks at math to be a financial analyst.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not saying there wasn't interest in the organization. I'm saying there shouldn't have been. Trading for Gus is like hiring a guy because he makes really good powerpoints, like better than all your other employees, but sucks at math to be a financial analyst.

You been talking to my HR?

Reactions: HanSolo

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I likely Tuch too but I am all for moving him to gain cap for Lehner in the offseason. I think he is the ultimate DIY player so his production will always be capped.

Does anyone have confidence he will learn to play well with others because I don’t have much. It’s always get puck drive to net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->