Confirmed with Link: TDA -1m, 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Then use your own! I’ve had a Ragu in my life, for better or worse since I was a kid. Pretty natural fit for me.

"Mr. Negan, what were the various derogatory terms you and your friends used to describe people with last names similar to Mr. Deangelo while growing up on Long Island?"

<tap> <tap> "Uh..I'm gonna take the 5th on that one...and pretty much anything else youse guys have to ask"

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
And neither of them knock each other out over it. Funny to think how they went from friendly teammates to Jerry Springer.

I know people are using the “teammates laughed about it and mocked it afterwards” as evidence that he became the laughingstock of the room and whatever, but I know with my friends, we generally laugh about things that are water under the bridge and are serious about things that are more significant.

Occam’s razor to me would suggest that teammates mocking the incident means it was something everyone was laughing about a few days later in the room, it just also flew in the face of the zero-tolerance policy and Gorton felt he had to be a man of his word.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Then use your own! I’ve had a Ragu in my life, for better or worse since I was a kid. Pretty natural fit for me.

I worked with this dude about 20 years ago and we called him "OG"

What he didn't know was that, before he even showed up to work for the first day, we had already decided that "OG" stood for Olive Garden

Poor bastard

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
There's a lot of guys in both organizations would have played for both Carolina and the rangers.

Skeij
Mckegg
Fast
PDG
Smith

I would assume that the Canes most likely asked each of these individuals what they thought of TDA.

Does anybody think he would be here if Brady and Fast had negative things to say s out him??

Reactions: cptjeff

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
There's a lot of guys in both organizations would have played for both Carolina and the rangers.

Skeij
Mckegg
Fast
PDG
Smith

I would assume that the Canes most likely asked each of these individuals what they thought of TDA.

Does anybody think he would be here if Brady and Fast had negative things to say s out him??
Skjei is CHAOTIC NEUTRAL (sometimes good) on ice. If he’s anything like that off the ice he might have just screamed “FINGERBANG” on top of his lungs when asked about DeAngelo.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Well I’m not trying to create more divide in here about this. I do think it’s important if he’s going to play for us this year we acknowledge the full picture of the guy. Those who would be supportive should accept why people would be so strongly against him and people that really hate him should try to learn that this guy is pretty human, flaws and all.

I mean it’s really hard to imagine this guy quiet in the corner of the locker room no matter how up against the wall his career is. The team won’t be able to avoid him, we won’t be able to avoid him....comes down to how he can learn from his past.

Gtf outta here! You're trying to tell me that there may be a middle ground somewhere between TDA is evil and TDA is being unfairly picked on by haters? I'm not buying it!

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
If the dude scores 60pts while not imploding the team/season, he’ll certainly be worth $5M+. The fact he’ll be an RFA next summer certainly works in the Canes’ favor. I personally think he’ll end up around 35-45pts and the Canes will give him a Barrie-like deal for 2-3yrs next summer. I also am making the assumption he doesn’t revert to being an idiot. (I think RBA and the ex-Ranger gang should be able to keep him in line)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
DeAngelo would also be arbitration eligible next year. Which brings up an interesting question: can his off ice behavior even be brought up in arbitration? If not, it’s likely he ends up with a very high reward based on his 19-20 and a good 21-22.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
DeAngelo would also be arbitration eligible next year. Which brings up an interesting question: can his off ice behavior even be brought up in arbitration? If not, it’s likely he ends up with a very high reward based on his 19-20 and a good 21-22.

Looks to me... I don't know:

CBA 12.9 (g)(ii)

"The parties may offer evidence of the following:

(E) any special qualities of leadership or public appeal not inconsistent with the fulfillment of his responsibilities as a playing member of his team; "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad