Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
84911f_e8d926d5999a4ffd8d0c95ffd47fc6ca~mv2.webp

upload_2021-8-4_0-1-50.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Charlie: Hey dad, I think we could use a new scoreboard. Our arena's falling behind the rest of the league in presentation.
Jeremy: Modernizing the scoreboard will draw more paying customers for sure. But how much will it cost us?
Charlie: *reads off figures*
Jeremy: That's a bit steep, but I think we can fit it in the budget for next year. Oh, son, by the way before you go...Call Sweeney and tell him we won't be needing Rask or Krejci's services anymore.
Charlie: You got it pops!

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Charlie: Hey dad, I think we could use a new scoreboard. Our arena's falling behind the rest of the league in presentation.
Jeremy: Modernizing the scoreboard will draw more paying customers for sure. But how much will it cost us?
Jeremy: That's a bit steep, but I think we can fit it in the budget for next year. Oh, son, by the way before you go...Call Sweeney and tell him we won't be needing Rask or Krejci's services anymore.

Yeah, for sure :blah:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
If they play the season with $10M+ in unused cap space, this joke works.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Wasn't there talk of them getting a new (this is not going to be the right term...) ice system/center installed a year or two ago and it kept getting delayed?
That's what it was the last time I heard about it.

Reactions: BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Five bucks says he said they couldn't afford to do both since TD has been shut down for over a year.
If I read it right, Charlie won't even switch back to the Zamboni's. I just don't get it.
It's like the Bruins are the Jacobs's social experiment. A hobby, a pass time. As long as they make their money and don't lose any they can fool around with things like poor ice etc to their **** hearts content.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Zamboni is the “preferred partner’’ of the NHL.but.....The Bruins were the fifth team to adopt the Olympia machines. The Carolina Hurricanes, St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks, and Washington Capitals also use Olympias.

In the past, Toronto, Los Angeles, Calgary, and Montreal have used Olympia machines, but they have since gone back to Zambonis.

2 months ago when it was 117 F in Vegas the ice was perfect - granted there was no humidity.

gettyimages-1180777362.jpg

During the playoffs, Dale kept calling the resurfacer at TD a Zamboni and was told in no uncertain terms to call it an Olympia. To me, the key is 3 Canadian teams switched back.

I am taking an educated guess that the reason the scoreboard is being done now is their contract with the NCAA for the Frozen Four demanded an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad