Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Yanni Gourde extended (6 years, $5.166M AAV)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Tampa can also retain some salary. If they fully retain at 50% it gives him positive trade value. Can see some of the contending teams interested if it’s like a 3 or 3.5 million cap hit. A buy out would give Tampa dead cap for two years, if they retain would even get like a late pick in return. Buy out would be the last resort. Still will have Matt Carle on the books for one more year. So it has to be fully thought out.

I mean Gourde makes sense since his NTC does not kick into July 1, I believe, same as Miller. So they both can be traded anywhere and can fetch a decent return. Moving these guys will solve a lot of Tampa’s cap issues, this year and the following year when more raises are due.

Getting back on the thread topic, I always thought Tampa signing both Miller and Gourde seemed a little off, and one was going to move, and was an insurance policy for the other. I dunno, just guessing here.

This is what I just don’t get...

Didn’t Tampa forecast 3 years out on best and worst case scenarios in cap management.

They signed to F knowing they had a few in the system and knew they need Dmen due to 3 30+ yr old UFA

I woukd have traded Gorde and Miller forD before they were signed. Thrn keep the ELCs down a season with the pkan thry co e up next year replacing the UFA

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is what I just don’t get...

Didn’t Tampa forecast 3 years out on best and worst case scenarios in cap management.

They signed to F knowing they had a few in the system and knew they need Dmen due to 3 30+ yr old UFA

I woukd have traded Gorde and Miller forD before they were signed. Thrn keep the ELCs down a season with the pkan thry co e up next year replacing the UFA

Tampa could have used another D for this playoff run because of injuries to Hedman and Stralman. But Cooper also scratched Coburn for Rutta. Which I still don’t get. I think with Miller and Gourde not having their NTC kick in till July 1st gives Tampa options. Both players are kinda uninspiring in the playoffs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tampa could have used another D for this playoff run because of injuries to Hedman and Stralman. But Cooper also scratched Coburn for Rutta. Which I still don’t get. I think with Miller and Gourde not having their NTC kick in till July 1st gives Tampa options. Both players are kinda uninspiring in the playoffs.
Miller only has a MNTC come July. He can be traded to 23 teams. So should not be an issue for TB. Gourde has a full ntc starting July. So, if they don’t move Gourde by then they have to keep him until his full ntc drops to a mntc in about 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad