News Article: TBL will play a pre-season game against the Pens Sep 29

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
TBL will play a pre-season game against the Pens Sep 29.

NORTHFIELD, Ill. – In partnership with the National Hockey League Players' Association (NHLPA) and the National Hockey League (NHL), the inaugural Kraft Hockeyville USA contest captured the nation and ultimately named Johnstown, Pa., as the first-ever "Kraft Hockeyville USA." Johnstown's Cambria County War Memorial Arena will receive $150,000 in arena upgrades and the opportunity to host an NHL Pre-Season Game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Tampa Bay Lightning televised live on NBCSN on September 29, 2015.
"We are pleased to be facing off against the Pittsburgh Penguins in Johnstown this fall as part of Kraft Hockeyville USA," said Steve Yzerman, Vice President and General Manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning. "I played my first-ever professional game in Johnstown on September 17, 1983, and the experience proved to be very memorable for me – so I believe this game will prove to be meaningful not only for the great hockey fans of Johnstown but for the Lightning organization and our Players. We are grateful for the opportunity."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=766175

Last edited by a moderator:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I have seen the commercials for this (I imagine most of us have). Congrats to the winners. Should be interesting/ strange to watch a game played in a regular skating rink

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad