Pre-Game Talk: TBL vs Bruins 10/12/15 @ 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Early start tomorrow thought to get this going.

- Marchand concussion not likely to play.
- Chara practiced and questionable for tomorrow.
- Connolly sucks...chance he pots two against us...revenge is sweet.
- When will Paquette and Nesterov play their first game?
- Will Stamkos be our best player? Not a chance.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Connolly will start a fight with JT Brown.

Our best player will be Kuch or Drouin. Boston's defense is very suspect right now, and those two guys should be able to carve it up.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
B's Offense still has a few deadly pieces and with Poulin most likely starting i'm still worried, Poulin looked awful in the pre-season game I watched, I know, I know its only pre-season but still I'd feel a lot better if Vasi or Bish played this game. Bish will be needed Tuesday for a much better Detroit team tho and poor Vasi is still out.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Afternoon Monday games are never any good for us. I remember one early 2 season ago where a certain someone broke their leg.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
B's Offense still has a few deadly pieces and with Poulin most likely starting i'm still worried, Poulin looked awful in the pre-season game I watched, I know, I know its only pre-season but still I'd feel a lot better if Vasi or Bish played this game. Bish will be needed Tuesday for a much better Detroit team tho and poor Vasi is still out.

Cooper said that Bishop would probably start every game on this trip and since tomorrow is an early game and they don't have a morning skate i have a hard time seeing them putting Poulin in, but then again, you never know with Coop.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
1 pm on a Monday. I'm self-employed and I STILL have to work and miss the game. Good thing I can listen to the radio.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I won't be surprised if we play Bish in both games.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'll have to miss the game working at the hospital but whatever. Lady Sunny practically play by plays the game for me.

Not to jinx it but with Marchand being out and Chara being questionable I'd like to say the Lightning stand a better than 50/50 chance to win if they both don't play tomorrow. If Bishop has to sit a game then let him miss this one. No way in hell do I want Poulin facing Detroit when he can face a slumping, shorthanded Boston team instead.

Good luck to Connolly and the rest of the team can capsize on a canoe for all I care.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Let's see how Brett does with Boston!

Last game he was going out of his way to make a point that he was a Bruin now, not a Bolt. It was enough to make me think there might have been bad blood before the trade. Or maybe he was just trying to make an impression. Whatever the case, I expect more of the same.

(Let's just hope Gudas doesn't play us with the same mindset.)

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Last game he was going out of his way to make a point that he was a Bruin now, not a Bolt. It was enough to make me think there might have been bad blood before the trade. Or maybe he was just trying to make an impression. Whatever the case, I expect more of the same.

If I remember correctly he went after Hedman...directly leading to a TBL goal. Freaking dummy...

Connolly would still be on a fourth line role for us ... and tomorrow he is playing first line role in Marchand's spot in the lineup. He'll have something to prove...but regardless, his hockey IQ gets in the way. I'd take Kucherov, Callahan, and Condra before Connolly.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

It hurts your ego to be traded, it leaves you the bitter taste you've been undesired by your own team, being for the general sake of it ok, but personally it hurts a lot. What Connolly did is totally natural IMO, and I wouldn't expect less from any true professional player against the team that didn't "want him anymore"

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It hurts your ego to be traded, it leaves you the bitter taste you've been undesired by your own team, being for the general sake of it ok, but personally it hurts a lot. What Connolly did is totally natural IMO, and I wouldn't expect less from any true professional player against the team that didn't "want him anymore"

I didn't mean to imply there was anything unethical about it. He has a lot to prove, both to his new team and to us. That's why I expect more. The reason why I think there might (emphasis on "might"--I like theories ;) ) be bad blood is how eager our guys seemed to be in their response, not so much what Connolly did.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I didn't mean to imply there was anything unethical about it. He has a lot to prove, both to his new team and to us. That's why I expect more. The reason why I think there might (emphasis on "might"--I like theories ;) ) be bad blood is how eager our guys seemed to be in their response, not so much what Connolly did.

Oh I didn't see that, I recall Connolly playing physical, being almost nasty, but I wasn't paying much attention to their response... Good point.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Oh I didn't see that, I recall Connolly playing physical, being almost nasty, but I wasn't paying much attention to their response... Good point.

You have me interested now to see if my memory is actually accurate. Since I'm nocturnal ATM anyway, I think I'll skim through the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad