Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Tampa re-signs J.T. Miller (5 years, $5.25M AAV)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not who might choke, but who will.

Honestly, I would have looked to move him for another asset all together.

Miller has 3/5 playoff runs that have greater PPG then his regular season production. He's only 25, you have no way of backing up that statement.

Reactions: NickLidstrom

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
What would Tampa fans want from Montreal in return for Tyler Johnson?

Johnson + Callahan for Pacioretty?

Callahan wouldn't waive but I think this framework could help both teams in the short-term

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Miller has 3/5 playoff runs that have greater PPG then his regular season production. He's only 25, you have no way of backing up that statement.

I have 57 games of proof.

25 goal scorer in regular season. 3 goals in 57 playoff games.

Let me know when he has a remarkable playoff and I'll take it back. If Tampa fans are happy, I'm happy for them, but he is a player I wouldn't want on my team.

Reactions: third man in

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Tavares meeting with Bolts has almost reached two hours.

Sounds like they're discussing how good the Toronto/Tampa rivalry is gonna be when he signs with TO.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
So you think fair value for a 25 year old forward signed through ages 26-30 and puts up 55-60 points is worth 4.75 or less on an 80m cap? LooooL.

So 0.5m is your definition of "a lot less?"

You probably didn't think you were overpaying Callahan, Girardi, Killorn, Johnson etc. at the time of their new contracts.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You probably didn't think you were overpaying Callahan, Girardi, Killorn, Johnson etc. at the time of their new contracts.

Clearly if you're going to give lowball numbers then everybody is overpaid, using a brain and taking the cap and market into consideration is a little harder - I don't blame you for not getting it.

Reactions: Stammertime91

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Yeeesh better them than us

Bump. Things have come full circle as it looks like Miller is a healthy scratch in tonight's do or die elimination game . I know the trade at the time was viewed as a roaring success for Tampa and an unmitigated disaster for the Rangers but the true value for the Rangers is that we weren't the fools giving JT a $5 million+ extension.

Brisebois is going to have a long offseason trying to clean up all the dead weight Yzerman left behind.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Bump. Things have come full circle as it looks like Miller is a healthy scratch in tonight's do or die elimination game . I know the trade at the time was viewed as a roaring success for Tampa and an unmitigated disaster for the Rangers but the true value for the Rangers is that we weren't the fools giving JT a $5 million+ extension.

Brisebois is going to have a long offseason trying to clean up all the dead weight Yzerman left behind.
Looks like Cooper is getting desperate and benching him is an overreaction to that dumb shot he took at the end of the last game. He’s certainly played well enough to stick in the lineup.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Looks like Cooper is getting desperate and benching him is an overreaction to that dumb shot he took at the end of the last game. He’s certainly played well enough to stick in the lineup.

Dude always got benched in NY he’s streaky

He’s also going to be a cap casualty this offseason

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Dude always got benched in NY he’s streaky

He’s also going to be a cap casualty this offseason

If I read his contract details correctly he has a limited no trade clause that kicks in this summer. So that could complicate things. Killorn and Palat also have NTC's while Callahan also has a limited NTC.

Good luck to Brisebois trying to get rid of all that dead weight. Everyone puts Stevie Y on such a pedestal but he constructed this team on the verge of one of the biggest playoff chokes in history and left behind a potential mess of a cap situation.

Reactions: Vitto79

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You think with he would be a physical force in the playoffs. He is usually a complete no show in the playoffs. I mean with the surrounding talent he's played with how do you basically have 3 goals in 60 games?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If I read his contract details correctly he has a limited no trade clause that kicks in this summer. So that could complicate things. Killorn and Palat also have NTC's while Callahan also has a limited NTC.

Good luck to Brisebois trying to get rid of all that dead weight. Everyone puts Stevie Y on such a pedestal but he constructed this team on the verge of one of the biggest playoff chokes in history and left behind a potential mess of a cap situation.

Miller for Risto and stuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad