Confirmed with Link: TBL sign F Jonne Tammela to 3-year ELC

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He has 5G, 8A, 13P, 16PIM, +10 in 37GP for KalPa Kuopio this season (pointless in 3 playoff games +/- 0).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I guess he's coming over next year. Not great numbers but gives Syracuse forward depth so they don't have to play Walcott on the wing. Surprised he was the first one signed from last draft and not Stephens or Joseph who I think get signed this offseason.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Any chance the Bolts send Tammela to the Petes for a year in the OHL before he joins the AHL club now? (I'm pretty sure they still have his rights...)

If he isn't ready for pro already, obviously...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Any chance the Bolts send Tammela to the Petes for a year in the OHL before he joins the AHL club now? (I'm pretty sure they still have his rights...)

I wouldn't have given him a contract already just to send him to the CHL. I would've brought him over to play there then seen how he does on NA ice before offering. With him getting signed I have to think it's for the AHL, I believe since he's 19 his contract would slide too.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The option is still there. He could go to in Syracuse, 1, because they signed him now when they could have waited a year. Mid or late round picks usually don't get their contracts this early. And 2, because he's already played the past 2 seasons at the pro level. The past 2 years in The Liiga should help him be AHL ready and make that transition to the league a little easier. But I don't know.

To HoseEmDown's point that his numbers are very low has to do with him playing 4th line minutes this past year.That was pretty much the pros and cons of staying in Finland. Staying put allowed him to play, train, and practice with men/pros. Other 17-18 year olds aren't getting that experience. But going to the OHL would have given him better ice time, opportunities, and more responsibilities than a 4th liner. And once again, it seems this same thing will be asked again. Go to the AHL for the pro experience, or go the OHL for a slower development.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
That Syracuse roster getting pretty crowded. Hope the Lightning announce an official ECHL affiliate. We have 9 draft picks this draft to go along with the 9 we drafted last year. Last year we moved some underperforming assets, for example: Cote, Dalton Smith, Kunyk, Deschamps, Korobov, Costello, Nightingale, Gauthier, Lynch, Milan, Samson, Sergeev, Nielsen, and O'Donnell. That is quite a list of ex-Crunch players coming into 2016-16 season. Coming into this season we don't have anywhere near this amount of underperfoming players.

UFA players: McGinn, Angelidis, Blunden, Tambellini, Witkowksi, and Taormina. They all have played pretty well and most spending time with the Lightning. That is a pretty solid veteran group for the Syracuse Crunch.

RFA players: Richard, Vermin, Gourde, Paradis, Broll, Gudlevskis, Wilcox. Broll is the only one really out of this group that can be let go. The other ones are still yet to get their chance in Tampa but are making a good case for future call ups like Richard, Vermin, Gourde, and Gudlevskis.

Point, Tammela, Masin, and Thomas coming into the organization. Imama and DiGiacinto are the other ones that could possibly come over to Pro as well after their season is over.

Very, very crowded roster in Syracuse. Interesting decisions must be made.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I wouldn't have given him a contract already just to send him to the CHL. I would've brought him over to play there then seen how he does on NA ice before offering. With him getting signed I have to think it's for the AHL, I believe since he's 19 his contract would slide too.

Hard to tell if there is a spot for him in Syracuse. The Crunch seem to play their forwards anywhere in the lineup. Blunden, Erne, Gourde, Vermin, and Ikonen have spent significant time on the RW this year. Gourde and Blunden can play LW and Erne can play all three forward spots. We are also adding Point to the top 9. Probably subtracting Drouin. Hard to tell right now if there is a spot for Tammela. I think he showed very well during rookie training camp...it will be interesting to see what they do with him. But Crunch are pretty deep right now at both Forward and Defensive positions.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hard to tell if there is a spot for him in Syracuse. The Crunch seem to play their forwards anywhere in the lineup. Blunden, Erne, Gourde, Vermin, and Ikonen have spent significant time on the RW this year. Gourde and Blunden can play LW and Erne can play all three forward spots. We are also adding Point to the top 9. Probably subtracting Drouin. Hard to tell right now if there is a spot for Tammela. I think he showed very well during rookie training camp...it will be interesting to see what they do with him. But Crunch are pretty deep right now at both Forward and Defensive positions.

Gourde - Richard - Blunden
Erne - Peca - Vermin
Tammela - Point - McGinn
Ikonen - Darcy - Hart
Imama

Taormina - Blujus
Masin - DeAngelo
Walcott - Thomas
Dotchin

Gudlevski
Wilcox

Let Angelidis go or AHL only deal. Try to resign McGinn, Tambellini and Blunden but expect one to walk for other opportunities. Let Broll and Paradis go. Resign Taormina and let Witkowski go, too much depth on the right who need minutes he's going to take, make Blujus the man on the right side.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Gourde - Richard - Blunden
Erne - Peca - Vermin
Tammela - Point - McGinn
Ikonen - Darcy - Hart
Imama

Taormina - Blujus
Masin - DeAngelo
Walcott - Thomas
Dotchin

Gudlevski
Wilcox

Let Angelidis go or AHL only deal. Try to resign McGinn, Tambellini and Blunden but expect one to walk for other opportunities. Let Broll and Paradis go. Resign Taormina and let Witkowski go, too much depth on the right who need minutes he's going to take, make Blujus the man on the right side.
Move guds out have vasy down there full time next season! Sign a back up goalie to back up bishop like a condon or Dustin tokarski ? Vasy needs games let him get full time games with the crunch

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Move guds out have vasy down there full time next season! Sign a back up goalie to back up bishop like a condon or Dustin tokarski ? Vasy needs games let him get full time games with the crunch

So you're trading Gudlevski for what? Minor league goalies have little trade value and he's better then Tokarski. Vasilevskiy should've been in the A more this year, going back full-time next year is a mistake, they need to split the starts Blues style.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So you're trading Gudlevski for what? Minor league goalies have little trade value and he's better then Tokarski. Vasilevskiy should've been in the A more this year, going back full-time next year is a mistake, they need to split the starts Blues style.
Well we agree here vasy needs more games one way or another

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
After promising rookie season in Liiga I had high hopes for Tammela this year, but he failed to take next step in pro level, maybe because the injuries he had whole year. In some games he looked like best player on the ice and sometimes you didn't even notice that he was there.

I think it would be best for him to play next year big role in OHL, since he's definitely not ready for AHL. He has a lot to work to do with his physique, shot and consistency. Tammela was also the last cut from Team Finland on WJC, but will have big role in next years team.

I tried to find some kind of highlight reel on him, but all I found was this:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad