Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st rd pk, con. 2nd for J.T. Miller & Ryan McDonagh

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Kid comes on our board and says we know nothing. Then he keeps pressing with a snarky attitude until he gets a response. One of our best posters dumpsters him and then gets called a troll. Nice

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Rags fans are the worst on this forum at evaluating talent. First - have they ever been right about anyone? Second, the only statistic they seem to value is Corsi.

Reactions: Stamper

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Brb adding you don't know nothing about hockey to forum memes.

You don't know nothing about hockey unless you've flipped the switch at a high level in the parking lot getting Oxygen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stamper

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Why can't I write on other team's walls? And a load of bs.

Werewolf knows all our prospects inside out, so he def knows Hajek better than you or any of your 'professionals' who btw are grasping for any straws to hype up their down in the gutter team.

And gtfo from here with your 'Deangelo is great' yeah dude, him being your '2nd best dman after xxxx' doesnt mean anything, since your team is trash. Period.

Hajek wouldnt see ice in here for a long while since he was, at best, our 3rd best dprospect. And thats what Werewolf was always rating him as, so good troll there bud...

Rangers fans are desperate, we all get it. But you did end up getting ripped off in this trade, but thats expected of our dear farm team.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why can't I write on other team's walls? You can't handle someone having a different opinion? Once again, you resort to name-calling. Tip: that does not make your argument any stronger.
Not really a good idea to start arguing on other teams' boards, you'll probably be 1vs10 or something like that in that situation. If I went to the Ranger boards to give an unpopular opinion I'd get murdered there. And that applies to every single fan base here.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Why can't I write on other team's walls? You can't handle someone having a different opinion? Once again, you resort to name-calling. Tip: that does not make your argument any stronger.

This discussion needs to be moved to the Trade Forum. That Forum is the more proper location for these types of discussions (within the site rules) and leave this off of the Team Forum.

Here's the lin
k

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-b-howden-l-hajek-2018-1st-c-1st-2nd.2455691/

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Dude comes in here spouting off typical hockey elitist insults and then gets offended when we fire back. Get the f*** outta here with that shit.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Honestly, I didn't know this was strictly TBL territory. Cut me some slack. I just thought this was the McDonagh trade thread open to everyone.

Man, the bias is real. How am I the one that's insulting? Your "best poster" is the one that got mad and used insults every other second. Of course I thought maybe he was trolling. He was saying every TBL player was amazing and every NYR sucked. He kept calling me "baby nuts." He was being completely biased and over the top. I'm not offended. I'm just pointing out that insults don't add any substance to someone's argument.

And if that's one of your "best posters," yikes. What does "dumpsters me" mean? Does it mean personal attacks and claims without evidence? Just because Hajek won't make a stacked Lightning D in the near future, doesn't mean he isn't a good prospect? And we don't know if he would have made it or not. Thing is, I don't listen to prospect information from one guy and one guy only. I read as much as I can about them and watch videos of them. Anyone can have an opinion about a certain player, but the more people you listen to, and the more tape you watch, the better idea you get of that player. Even some of your own fans say Hajek's a good prospect. I'm not going to listen to one guy that you all claim supposedly knows everything about prospects and their exact potential. Why would you listen to one guy about that? Especially since arguing over young prospects is the dumbest thing. No one knows exactly what they will become. Even experts can be wrong. And I'm no expert, so I know I can be very mistaken.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Werewolf knows all our prospects inside out, so he def knows Hajek better than you or any of your 'professionals' who btw are grasping for any straws to hype up their down in the gutter team.

And gtfo from here with your 'Deangelo is great' yeah dude, him being your '2nd best dman after xxxx' doesnt mean anything, since your team is trash. Period.

Hajek wouldnt see ice in here for a long while since he was, at best, our 3rd best dprospect. And thats what Werewolf was always rating him as, so good troll there bud...

Rangers fans are desperate, we all get it. But you did end up getting ripped off in this trade, but thats expected of our dear farm team.
Desperate? Not really. It's a rebuild. We want the NYR to lose. This is going to be a long-term thing, and eventually, we're going to draft our way back to the top. No one is saying we're desperate to be relevant again.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Honestly, I didn't know this was strictly TBL territory. Cut me some slack. I just thought this was the McDonagh trade thread open to everyone.
It's not, it's just that something comes off as trash talking much easier when it comes from someone who "doesn't belong here". For example, in a normal GDT of any team you're likely to see at least a couple of posters saying "this team f***ing sucks" or something along those lines and most likely no one will care. But if you go say that on another team's GDT, it really seems like that poster is just trolling.

I've made that mistake before when I though what I said on another team's boards was completely innocent and then was surprised when I got attacked by bunch of different posters, lol.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's obvious he isn't this bad of a player. He's going through a bad stretch, but he's by no means as good of a player as I thought. I stand corrected on that.

His production will marginally increase, outside of this year he's a 30-35 point player - outside of maybe one person on this board who thought he'd be a 50+ point guy we all knew he is what is he. He's a 3rd line C who can fill in a lineup but isn't ideal in any area of the game. He actually looked a lot better on wing which is probably where he should be playing, not sure if NYR have been playing him at C.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
His production will marginally increase, outside of this year he's a 30-35 point player - outside of maybe one person on this board who thought he'd be a 50+ point guy we all knew he is what is he. He's a 3rd line C who can fill in a lineup but isn't ideal in any area of the game. He actually looked a lot better on wing which is probably where he should be playing, not sure if NYR have been playing him at C.

Pretty much this. He's an NHLer, but he's not gonna be a key piece on a good team. I think our prospect package for McD was pretty even, if not tilted slightly in our favor, but if Miller-for-Vlad was really a straight up trade, it's hilariously awful for NYR. So far, Miller has probably been more valuable than McDonagh to us. He's probably been our best forward since the trade deadline.

I know a lot of NYR fans are thinking, "Wait until the playoffs." All I can say to that is, if NYR ever does make the playoffs, have fun watching Vlad look like a child among men.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Pretty much this. He's an NHLer, but he's not gonna be a key piece on a good team. I think our prospect package for McD was pretty even, if not tilted slightly in our favor, but if Miller-for-Vlad was really a straight up trade, it's hilariously awful for NYR. So far, Miller has probably been more valuable than McDonagh to us. He's probably been our best forward since the trade deadline.

I know a lot of NYR fans are thinking, "Wait until the playoffs." All I can say to that is, if NYR ever does make the playoffs, have fun watching Vlad look like a child among men.
8478519.jpg

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It's not, it's just that something comes off as trash talking much easier when it comes from someone who "doesn't belong here". For example, in a normal GDT of any team you're likely to see at least a couple of posters saying "this team ****ing sucks" or something along those lines and most likely no one will care. But if you go say that on another team's GDT, it really seems like that poster is just trolling.

I've made that mistake before when I though what I said on another team's boards was completely innocent and then was surprised when I got attacked by bunch of different posters, lol.
Yea my bad. I recently got an account and it's good to see that I'm not the only one that made that mistake. I apologize.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Yea but Miller was never going to produce like that in NY. Vlad is definitely a product of Stamkos and Kucherov, but you can't say Miller isn't benefiting from them as well. I think Miller is more talented though. If it was Miller straight up for Vlad, I agree that's a bad trade for the NYR. But if you take those two guys out of the equation, it was, as you said, fairly even. Definitely in favor of Tampa, but not by as much as many believe.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yea but Miller was never going to produce like that in NY. Vlad is definitely a product of Stamkos and Kucherov, but you can't say Miller isn't benefiting from them as well. I think Miller is more talented though. If it was Miller straight up for Vlad, I agree that's a bad trade for the NYR. But if you take those two guys out of the equation, it was, as you said, fairly even. Definitely in favor of Tampa, but not by as much as many believe.

True, but Vlad's never going to produce in NY either. He's going to struggle to crack 40 points going forward.

If TB wins a cup, NY does pretty well in the McD trade. Howden could develop into a core piece, though not the cornerstone piece a lot of NY fans thought they'd get in the deal. Although I think most reasonable fans on either side realized that was wishful thinking.

It's tough to say if Miller will keep up his current level of play if we sign him long-term. But he's a guy who complements talented players extremely well, so that makes him a wonderful fit for us.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
True, but Vlad's never going to produce in NY either. He's going to struggle to crack 40 points going forward.

If TB wins a cup, NY does pretty well in the McD trade. Howden could develop into a core piece, though not the cornerstone piece a lot of NY fans thought they'd get in the deal. Although I think most reasonable fans on either side realized that was wishful thinking.

It's tough to say if Miller will keep up his current level of play if we sign him long-term. But he's a guy who complements talented players extremely well, so that makes him a wonderful fit for us.
I agree. Vlad is a guy that needs talented players to produce. Miller is kind of the same, but he can definitely do more by himself. I think he is more talented. It's a shame our coaching staff misused and mistreated him.

I know Vlad isn't going to produce in NY and it makes me sad. Hopefully we trade him while his value is still decent.

And I was never high on Howden. I think he's a good 3C at best. Which is fine, I guess.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

From watching both players on both teams can say, Miller is a legit 50 point player. Vladdy is more of a 30 to 35 point player. His numbers were escalated skating with Kucherov and Stamkos no doubt, as is Miller's now. But I see Miller still being a Mid 50's point player even if dropped down a line. Vladdy is struggling in NY, but the kid has to be shell shocked, left his good friends in Tampa, and went to a team rebuilding. Has to be in his head now. So I think this stretch for Vladdy now is unfair to really judge him, and think he needs a whole season to be fairly evaluated. Can see him still being a solid bottom 6 forward with NY. But like someone said earlier, he is better on the wing.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
From watching both players on both teams can say, Miller is a legit 50 point player. Vladdy is more of a 30 to 35 point player. His numbers were escalated skating with Kucherov and Stamkos no doubt, as is Miller's now. But I see Miller still being a Mid 50's point player even if dropped down a line. Vladdy is struggling in NY, but the kid has to be shell shocked, left his good friends in Tampa, and went to a team rebuilding. Has to be in his head now. So I think this stretch for Vladdy now is unfair to really judge him, and think he needs a whole season to be fairly evaluated. Can see him still being a solid bottom 6 forward with NY. But like someone said earlier, he is better on the wing.
Better on the wing and he can still be a good 3rd liner on a deep team. I guess kind of like a Grabner with better hands. My big fear is that the Rangers pay him like a 1st or a 2nd liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad