Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NJD] Devils trade Blake Coleman to Lightning for Nolan Foote, VAN 2020 1st

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Besides his ES deployment, Coleman’s specialty is creating offense no matter what line hes on

Basically, Gourde and Johnson are about to see a slightly substantial increase in offensive production and pressure

There may not be many harder grinders in the league than Coleman

Gourde for sure. Johnson's played with multiple players. He does well when he's playing with playmakers, or Palat. He's very north-south. That entire line looks very north-south.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's no question Colorado/Edmonton had firsts on the table for him. That's why they must have included Nolan in the trade. To get it done.

Boston too. The price got driven up. It kind of sounds like he was closer to the first choice than people thought, probably because of the contract. That HAD to be the major selling point with us. It allows us to not take a step back next year when Killorn leaves.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Coleman is a stud but I still think there's an adjustment period with new linemates and teammates in general. I do think they should definitely at least try him out on PK, it's his main strength. As a huge Coleman fan I'm probably delusional and super biased, but considering his great chemistry with Gusev in the devils I'd love to see the bolts try him out with their Nikita.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I thought he was good not great. Obv for walking into a new team on day 1 he was great.

Cirelli is definitely the better player tho

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Coleman's Goalies Run/60 is truly impressive.

I thought he was good not great. Obv for walking into a new team on day 1 he was great.

Cirelli is definitely the better player tho

Cirelli is better than a lot of players, I've noticed. Guy is a gem.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not a good start so far.

I'd cut him a little slack with his wife giving birth a couple weeks ago. It's tough enough fitting in with new linemates and figuring out housing (sounds like they only moved in last week). Mix in a baby and it's gonna be a rough couple of weeks off the ice.

Lightning’s Blake Coleman welcomed back after becoming team’s newest dad

Coleman estimated he’d slept about only five hours over the previous two days, two hours Wednesday and three hours Thursday. He said, chuckling, after Friday’s practice that he looked forward to getting some rest after seeing Charlie again.

Plus I'd argue that Coleman's not necessarily the guy that you're going to measure by points.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd cut him a little slack with his wife giving birth a couple weeks ago. It's tough enough fitting in with new linemates and figuring out housing (sounds like they only moved in last week). Mix in a baby and it's gonna be a rough couple of weeks off the ice.

Lightning’s Blake Coleman welcomed back after becoming team’s newest dad

Plus I'd argue that Coleman's not necessarily the guy that you're going to measure by points.
Honestly, I'm still satisfied. I like the way he plays. He's been good enough that I want to see him in the playoffs. He looks like a guy who should be successful.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
there will be no playoffs this year so you can already judge :)
There will be playoffs. Just real deep in the summer unless they shorten games.

But yes, let's judge a trade based off of 9 (non-playoff) games.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
He's getting time, but we're not playing him with our better players.
I think this is a case with a large majority of the players moved at the deadline. It’s tough to slide right in on playoff teams and have an impact. Who’s actually been lighting up the scoresheet from deadline acquisitions? Toffoli, has probably been the only one having a significant impact.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think this is a case with a large majority of the players moved at the deadline. It’s tough to slide right in on playoff teams and have an impact. Who’s actually been lighting up the scoresheet from deadline acquisitions? Toffoli, has probably been the only one having a significant impact.

Toffoli, Zucker, and Namestnikov have all had significant impacts for their respective teams.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Coleman was overrated on a very low talent level team. He played top minutes here and Tampa did bite.
I did like him here, but it was obvious he will never have those points in Tampa.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Coleman was overrated on a very low talent level team. He played top minutes here and Tampa did bite.
I did like him here, but it was obvious he will never have those points in Tampa.
He’s not over rated. He’s a good hockey player. All this smack talk but wait till they play in the playoffs and I do believe it will happen. Blake comes to play, we will see.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
"Shucks" - #1 goal-scoring team. Dude is an epic PK'er and great bottom-sixer. He makes relatively little and is signed beyond this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad