TBL Fan Thoughts Interesting Article on Tampa Bay on Sportsnet.ca

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Biased piece of trash, rubbing a specific part of the Canadian audience in the right way, that's what I think of GJ's article. I view Yzerman as one of the best GM in the game, I strongly support him, not because he's the guy managing Tampa but because he's taking the right decisions. From St.Louis to Stamkos or with Drouin, he's doing a great job.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Seeing as how that model has gotten Tampa to the ECF twice and one of those times leading to the Stanley Cup Final since 2011 while the models the various Canadians teams have only managed the ECF ONCE in that same time span I hope other teams that this article is slanted towards continue to not follow our model.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I came across this article posted today on sportsnet.ca by Gare Joyce about the Tampa Bay Lightning and I was curious to hear thoughts and reactions from Lightning fans about the article and whether or not you feel it is accurate or off-base, and if there is truth to some Joyce's assertions.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/big-read-not-build-cup-contender/

"Follow this model if you dare... to win an AHL title, runner up in another, build one of the finer talent pools in the league, assemble one hell of a pro team in just a few years, reach the SCF, and look built for years ahead."

Thanks, will do.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
"Follow this model if you dare... to win an AHL title, runner up in another, build one of the finer talent pools in the league, assemble one hell of a pro team in just a few years, reach the SCF, and look built for years ahead."

Thanks, will do.
Well I think his point was Stamkos does not want to stay here

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't give a **** what Gare thinks. He doesn't know **** about the Stamkos situation - none of us do.

I'm not sure even Stamkos knows what he is going to do yet ? Do you think he tests the waters and gives Tampa a chance to match the offers ?

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Entirely the wrong person to target in what is, in general, actually a deserved hatchet-job piece on the Lightning, but this is pretty well established through the Cooper thread so I won't elaborate further.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I came across this article posted today on sportsnet.ca by Gare Joyce about the Tampa Bay Lightning and I was curious to hear thoughts and reactions from Lightning fans about the article and whether or not you feel it is accurate or off-base, and if there is truth to some Joyce's assertions.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/big-read-not-build-cup-contender/

is interesting he said so little on yzermans job for canada that kinda made me giggle a bit in truthfulness

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think a lot of it is painted with the wrong brush, but honestly, I welcome the criticism. Whatever makes them do their job better. Would love to see something with more of a focus on Cooper.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
What a lazy, piece of garbage article. No research, no thought, just trying to get clicks from Canadian readers who want to look at everyone else to pass the blame. Is this team perfect? no, far from it. we have some massive flaws that have been covered by great goaltending (Yzerman's picks/ trades) massively improved defense (Yzerman's picks, trades and signings) and a solid pipeline of forwards.

The thing that annoyed me was calling Boucher the players couch (Good Cop) and Cooper the bad cop. Thats some obvious biases and not what was going on at all. Cooper is to a flaw, too much of a players coach. He never outs anyone, he never says negative things about his players... and thats why they would run through a brick wall for him. Boucher would call players out to the media, and it worked at first, but is also part of why he lost the locker room.

As someone who has a passing interesting in writing, articles like these piss me off. They are going to get more views than I ever will in my writing career and they said nothing useful or even thought through.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's pretty clear the writer has an agenda. It must rustle some serious jimmies that two Florida teams make it in in a year where no Canadian teams make it in to the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad