Confirmed with Link: [TBL/DET] Mitchell Stephens traded to Detroit for a 2022 6th round pick

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I actually thought it was kind of low too, but he hasn't proven worthy of more than that.

I also had him as high as for 3rd line this year, I wonder who we go for 3C??
We can play with Stammer as the 2nd line Center (with Killer and Colton).
And Cirelli as the 3rd line center, with Joseph and Raddysh for example.
And Bellemare as the 4th line center.

Reactions: Fritobandito3

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Well there it is. We can probably keep the rest of our young forwards now. We can either use roster spots freed up by injuries or we can send down Claesson and take the waivers risk.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Was hoping to get the Erne return, both drafted around the same spot. I guess Erne showed a bit more in the NHL so go the better pick. Should be a good bottom 6 guy for Detroit.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Thought Claesson inked a 2 way deal

Two-way doesn't dictate waiver status, years of pro experience and age does. Two-way helps us with cap hit if he's in the minors.

Although after second look, even if we keep Claesson in the minors we only have cap room for one of Raddysh/Katchouk. I was thinking about roster spots which is a different issue altogether.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Yeah right now we have 49 players signed, but the contracts for Jack Finley and Jack Thompson don't count because of their age and lack of NHL experience, so technically we have 47 players signed. We still have four RFA's to sign though, so another trade is coming if we want to keep all four of them.

edit: Nevermind, I included players we haven't signed yet towards our contract total. We have enough slots to fit in everyone without a trade.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I do not love Stephens...but a 6th rounder is not an high pick.

Let's be serious, he was pretty trash. Probably exactly a replacement level NHLer.

It was clear we were excited to put him on LTIR, so we could bring other guys up (turned out to be Colton) without waiving and potentially losing him for nothing.

Good luck in Det, Mitchell.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Let's be serious, he was pretty trash. Probably exactly a replacement level NHLer.

It was clear we were excited to put him on LTIR, so we could bring other guys up (turned out to be Colton) without waiving and potentially losing him for nothing.

Good luck in Det, Mitchell.
Yes, I was not impressed by him, especially after the injury he got.
I hope the best for him in Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->