Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Boris Katchouk Re-Signs with Lightning (3 years, $758.333k AAV)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Both excellent signings for 3 years......Rich get Richer......

with some body’s moving out..... TB will need some forwards with some offence punch/skill at minimum AAv.....

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
2016 NHL drafted forwards after the top 10:

5ANA2Ca.jpeg

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I like his game - 6’2”, 205 lbs, reasonably skilled, pretty good skater, good defensively, physical enough. Haven’t really seen him since his Soo/WJC days, but liked his game then, and I assume he’s similar now, but better. He put up 34 points in 29 AHL games last year, have to imagine that on basically any other team he would’ve been an NHLer. Tampa has taken a big hit to their depth, I expect him to make the team this year, and do well.

His upside isn’t overly high, but I think he’ll be a quality bottom 6er. If so, this is a nice contract for the Bolts, as usual.

Last edited:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Between Raddysh, Katchouk, and ABB, I feel like at least one of them is going to majorly regret the term on these deals. Somebody will find some chemistry and pop.

I think this is like the early version of a bridge deal. After there contracts are up they are going to see above market value contracts because they took term in there early years. I havent looked into with Tampa cap will be like in 2/3 years but I think it means they will be losing Palat, Killorn and probably one of Stamkos/Mcdonagh but thats a problem for another offseason

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think this is like the early version of a bridge deal. After there contracts are up they are going to see above market value contracts because they took term in there early years. I havent looked into with Tampa cap will be like in 2/3 years but I think it means they will be losing Palat, Killorn and probably one of Stamkos/Mcdonagh but thats a problem for another offseason
Lol @ above market value in Tampa.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think this is like the early version of a bridge deal. After there contracts are up they are going to see above market value contracts because they took term in there early years. I havent looked into with Tampa cap will be like in 2/3 years but I think it means they will be losing Palat, Killorn and probably one of Stamkos/Mcdonagh but thats a problem for another offseason[/QUOover!

Look at our contract history with rfas and even ones that are becoming ufas for us but re-signs. Rare if any that went above market value in that last deal before ufa or even re-signing a ufa (Stamkos and McDonagh). They do amazing with contracts.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I thought Raddysh had NHL star potential in the OHL. The fact he's spent three years in the AHL doesn't worry me since Tampa is such a deep roster. Him and Boris both have size and I've heard nothing but good things in Syracuse about them. If both are playing top nine regular by the end of the year I won't be surprised. Heck they played together in the Soo as well!

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
My main hope for his career is still to be on the ice at the same time as Slater Koekkoek.

deejb

Nov 12, 2016
Katchouk surely must be the same name as Tkachuk, Tkaczuk?
I'm not sure. "uk/ouk" is ukrainian patronymic suffix, "tkach" mean weaver, so Tkachuk, Tkaczuk (also Tkachyov, Tkachenko) is the same name. But "katch" most likely is a nicname derived from "kaczka" (duck).

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I'm not sure. "uk/ouk" is ukrainian patronymic suffix, "tkach" mean weaver, so Tkachuk, Tkaczuk (also Tkachyov, Tkachenko) is the same name. But "katch" most likely is a nicname derived from "kaczka" (duck).
The transliteration could be the reason though. Some names look very different depending on when they were transliterated. Something I notice when picking up history books from forty years ago and don't immediately realize which politicians are discussed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad