Trade: [TB/SEA] Mike Zunino, Guillermo Heredia and Michael Plassmeyer for Mallex Smith and Jake Fraley

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wasn't smith traded to seattle before and then was immediately dealt to TB?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wonder if Dipoto now uses Mallex to fill the void of C now. Never ending cycle.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Mariners fo is stupid. Just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks while filling one hole by opening up another.

Dipoto reminds me of a kid playing an mlb video game with too much time on their hands. Just making trades to make trades.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Mallex feels like Dee 2.0, except he actually plays CF. Now we need a catcher....and we just traded one who won a defensive award. Ugh.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah I thought the same until people started breaking down his numbers away from The Trop (I think it was).
39 total xbh's for a guy that had over 540 pa's and has the speed he does isn't great at all.

He does defend well and steals bases, I'll give him that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
39 total xbh's for a guy that had over 540 pa's and has the speed he does isn't great at all.

He does defend well and steals bases, I'll give him that.

And I'll take what Zunino does over that anyday. Zunino was a really good catcher and helped the pitchers on this team reach new levels. I'm not so sure how a CF was needed so bad to deplete your catching role, unless something else is on the horizon. I'm assuming so because Dipoto loves to trade.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And I'll take what Zunino does over that anyday. Zunino was a really good catcher and helped the pitchers on this team reach new levels. I'm not so sure how a CF was needed so bad to deplete your catching role, unless something else is on the horizon. I'm assuming so because Dipoto loves to trade.

Could see them going after a free agent like Lucroy or Ramos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->