Speculation: TB/NYR - Another Deadline Deal??

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not sure Gourde is the player the Rangers would or should have in mind.

I think they'd mostly be looking for prospects and picks. They'd probably be willing in my estimation, to take back cap hits that teams did not want along with to make the prospects and picks happen, yet I'm not sure they are going to take on any older players that go beyond the Spooner, Namestnikov, types unless it's part of some larger deal where they also get back the Howden, Hajek, types, along with picks.

Fair enough. Sounds like we probably aren’t a good match then, at least as far as Kreider is concerned. I could maybe see a minor player/prospect for minor player/prospect deal happening but that would probably be it.

Reactions: Off Sides

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Foote and Katchouk I would hold onto, everyone else is fair game with the right deal IMO.

I'm not high on Raddysh like others. He doesn't play big like his size would indicate. Katchouk is going to be a real ***** to play against though

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Foote and Katchouk I would hold onto, everyone else is fair game with the right deal IMO.

I'm not high on Raddysh like others. He doesn't play big like his size would indicate. Katchouk is going to be a real ***** to play against though
I'm in this boat as well.

I'm not even 100% on keeping Katchouk for the right deal, but Foote is absolutely off limits for me and Katchouk is right there. Outside of those guys, I don't care who we have to burn to give us a better chance at the Cup.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Fair enough. Sounds like we probably aren’t a good match then, at least as far as Kreider is concerned. I could maybe see a minor player/prospect for minor player/prospect deal happening but that would probably be it.

I think Tampa should be interested in Claesson. He really is not bad, mostly had some injuries this year but when he plays he is not the whipping boy, he is a more defensive hang back type yet still can create and make outlet passes. He is a LD yet I don't see any drop off in his play when he moves to the RD.

Honestly if he was not injured as much as he has been and if the Rangers did not have like 6 other 3rd pair defenders all vying for 1st, 2nd and 3rd pair roles I think he may have shown good this season to the point he would not be available as cheap as he likely is. He's a pending RFA who will be cheap to qualify and likely sign to some extension. If he is not moved I hope the Rangers do just that.

I'm not sure of his value, probably not much, yet I do think if moved to a contender and if they need that or have injuries he could be a positive contributing factor.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Callahan has an opportunity to win a Cup this year in Tampa.

Why is he accepting a trade to a rebuilding team.....?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

He doesn’t have a full NTC anymore - he has to submit a 16-team trade list. We’ll most likely wait to move him until the summer but he no longer has complete control of his own destiny.

That said I do hope we can send him off with a championship win. He’s been a bit of a whipping boy with some people because we signed him to a contract that he was never going to live up to even if he hadn’t had problems with injuries, but I don’t see how anyone can fail to respect the way he plays the game. We’ve had to have coaches tell him to tone it down because he was sacrificing his body to block shots in preseason games. The guy deserves to hoist the Cup at least once in his career.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Some believe that his pride will compel him to accept/want a trade to a team that will play him regular minutes. He's the thirteenth forward here in TB

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some believe that his pride will compel him to accept/want a trade to a team that will play him regular minutes. He's the thirteenth forward here in TB

Some say sitting in a press box watching his team win, will be fine with him. That’s not Callahan. But he will never let that effect the locker room. This is killing him now and that goal celly celebration last night is proof of that. Wanted to proove he can still do that, and he can.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Here is how the deal is going to go down. Rangers trade this years first and next years first for Ryan Callahan. We then flip Callahan, pay 50% of his salary and offer a team a first in 2021 for a 7th round pick in 2020

Reactions: DFC and Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad