Confirmed with Link: [TB/MTL] Dustin Tokarski for Cédrick Desjardins

Analyzer*

Desjardins started out great for the dogs this season when he wasn't injured. However, once he struggled, the whole team struggled big time. They're not very good to begin with. I believe around half the team (or more) were ahl rookies. The season started and they lost Gallagher to the habs and Commodore left. I think Desjardin lost interest to try as best he could.

I also read on twitter that Desjardins agent was at the last 2 dog games. Maybe he quietly asked for it ?

If Tokarski only has the potential to be a back up, then that's good for Montreal. Good for Tokarski, too as Budaj is a FA at the end of this season and hasn't been very good. Granted, he only played 2 games.

My guess is Tokarski will be the number 1 in Hamilton, even though Mayer took that from Desjardins. If he does even remotely good he'll probably be given the backup spot next year.

The last part is just if you're a fan of Tokarski/hoping he does well/ what might be in store for his future. I feel bad for him after going from one of the better AHL teams to the worst one.

Habs goaltending depth chart behind Price and Budaj

Desjardins (Now Tokarski)
Mayer
Delmas

Your goaltending depth is great and that's with me forgetting about Vasilevski :facepalm:

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Eh, I'm fine with it. I think Tic tops out as an NHL backup, personally, so trading him for someone that can fill that role now is fine with me.

I agree, I had my doubts that he'd be the future goalie here. It just seems like an odd move. Good luck to Tokarski in Montreal, if he can reach his potential he should be a solid backup to Price.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
https://twitter.com/LightningTimes

Options, meaning both goalies. So why Tic instead of Riku? Tokarski has been the better goalie in Syracuse. Helenius has a 2 year deal but I can't see him in the NHL after the way he's been this year. And while Tokarski has also struggled this year at least he has proven himself in his AHL career while Helenius has not.

Helenius is guaranteed $650k next year. Teams aren't going to be interested in paying that for a marginal AHL goalie.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
The only thing I hate more than this trade is our logos and jerseys.

I'm happy for Tick though and hope he kills it there, even though I hate Montreal. I hope he gets a chance to show Yzerman he made a mistake by trading him.

Analyzer*

I believe with Price being out with the flu, Mayer being called up that Tokarski will get his first start tonight for the Dogs.

Dogs have won 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5. The 3 in a row is their first of the season. Hopefully he can play strong and help continue the winning ways.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I believe with Price being out with the flu, Mayer being called up that Tokarski will get his first start tonight for the Dogs.

Dogs have won 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5. The 3 in a row is their first of the season. Hopefully he can play strong and help continue the winning ways.

I noticed that this morning, I'm kind of surprised and disappointed they didn't call up Tokarski instead.

Analyzer*

I noticed that this morning, I'm kind of surprised and disappointed they didn't call up Tokarski instead.

I think it's more of a being fair to Mayer who's been here and played well for Hamilton. It would be a huge kick in the nuts to Mayer to automatically call Tokarski up.

If he plays good, then he very well could get called up next time.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/201...oi.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Desjardins said he hopes to play at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday or Albany on Monday. Desjardines' last game was Feb. 8, a 3-0 loss to Chicago. Overall he was 7-13-1, 2.94, .905 for the Bulldogs.

"I wasn't expecting (the trade). But at the same time, I was looking for a challenge,'' Desjardines said hours after the swap.

"He's a very positive guy, (has) a positive attitude,'' said Syracuse defenseman Mark Barberio, who played with Desjardines in Norfolk. "I've never seen a goalie work as hard as him. He is a top goalie in the league. He's a winner. I know he's going to fit right in with the group.''

Desjardines will wear No. 30 for Syracuse.

Analyzer*

Not sure where you'll find more of a challenge than on the worst team in the league. :laugh:

It's official for Tokarski tonight against the Houston Aeros. Good luck to Desjardins! I'm sure with a good team in front of him to give him some help he'll look amazing again.

Analyzer*

Won't do this for every game, but he just made 47 of 49 saves. Unfortunately, the dogs lost 2-0

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
The only thing I hate more than this trade is our logos and jerseys.

I'm happy for Tick though and hope he kills it there, even though I hate Montreal. I hope he gets a chance to show Yzerman he made a mistake by trading him.

Have you made a post without mentioning the jerseys and logo since they were released? :shakehead

Analyzer*

Tokarski is getting all the starts recently, so he has the number 1 job in Hamilton. Probably because of Mayer signing in Switzerland for the next 2 seasons. Plus, as of right now Tokarski is about 3000 level ahead of any other goalie prospect we have.

He has a 1.78 GAA and .939 save percentage.

The dogs just lost 2-0 (one goal empty netter) where Tokarski made 20 of 21 stops, so his numbers should look a little better.

Analyzer*

Win-win trade, then ! :yo:

Hard for deals to work in the NHL for both let a lone in the AHL. Too bad Tokarski didn't have some scoring in him.

fitchjr1

Dec 24, 2006
Syracuse NY
Desjardins made a couple beautiful saves when the games were still in doubt. I think Labrie has been a huge spark, too. He just has that personality on and off the ice that seems to make his teammates play harder. Tyrell has looked great, too. Hopefully after they are recalled tomorrow, Labrie can find a way to get in the TB lineup and make an impact.

Analyzer*

Tokarski makes 31 saves for his first shutout as a dog. With Price's performance tonight Tokarski might be the habs number 1 soon. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->