TB Lightning seem very similar to the 2010-11 Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012
The Lightning have a much younger core at this point then that Canucks team. Their window is still wide open. Obviously, they need to make some adjustments after this choke-job of a series though.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
This reminds me a lot of Vancouver in 2010-11. Team of destiny, arrogant players, press claiming Bruins have no chance in the Finals
Well you were right... Except they were arrogant players that claimed CBJ had no chance in the first round. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
No. This Tampa team is better than the Vancouver team from 2011. The only real superstars Vancouver had were the Sedins.

Tampa has Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Hedman and Vasi.

They also have a lot of great players aside from the aforementioned.

Luongo was probably the best goalie at the time. Goalie can make a big difference.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
2011 Canucks had for more passion and heart than current Tbay roster, and nearly won while being depleted with many serious injuries to key players.

Funny looking back at previous posts where this overrated phony Tbay team is "sooo much better" than 2011 Canucks. Worth a laugh.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
No. This Tampa team is better than the Vancouver team from 2011. The only real superstars Vancouver had were the Sedins.

Tampa has Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Hedman and Vasi.

They also have a lot of great players aside from the aforementioned.
2 art ross winners, a selke winning 40 goal 2nd line center, terrific defensive depth (Ehrhoff/Edler/Hamhuis/Bieksa/Salo).

also you uh, might have missed a certain star for the Canucks. Some guy named roberto.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Team that has never won big in the playoffs before (current roster), regular season dominating juggernaut, President’s Trophy clinched early, individual players likely to win several trophies, press calling them unbeatable, and even some of the players more recently with some pretty arrogant comments showing how highly they think of themselves.

This reminds me a lot of Vancouver in 2010-11. Team of destiny, arrogant players, press claiming Bruins have no chance in the Finals (especially after being down 2-0), etc. I wonder if neutral fans will start to despise the Lightning like they ended up doing with the Canucks by the end. As of now, most neutral fans admire the Lightning for what they are doing, but some of those arrogant, unlikable tendencies are starting to show up.

I'd love to see the press saying Bruins have "no chance" in the finals.

And I love your claims of arrogance. Let's see examples.

What an embarrassing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->