Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Better than game 7 cup final?

Not yet they aren't
Lol. Our 2015 team made it to game 6 of the Cup finals and this team is a LOT better than that one and so was last year's team.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
No. This Tampa team is better than the Vancouver team from 2011. The only real superstars Vancouver had were the Sedins.

Tampa has Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Hedman and Vasi.

They also have a lot of great players aside from the aforementioned.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I don't see it. Tampa has more skill for sure, but like last playoffs showed us, absolutely no heart outside of the fourth line. The 2010 Nucks had heart all over place. Acquiring a bunch of ex Rangers known for their early playoff exits doesnt help.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
No. This Tampa team is better than the Vancouver team from 2011. The only real superstars Vancouver had were the Sedins.

They had Kesler, who was also a star selke calibre player and made his linemates better during his peak seasons. He's certainly Point's comparable.

Luongo was also considered a superstar as well. Especially when you mention Vasi.

Meanwhile, that Bruins team was 100% healthy. :sarcasm:

It's not even close compared to what the Canucks had to go through.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Kesler was better than the Sedins by a lot in the playoffs a few years.

Sedins were either getting shut down by elite pairs and checking lines, or feasting on teams that didnt have that.

Canucks depth, mostly great goaltending and defensive play carried them

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I honestly thought our 2011 team could've taken the Canucks in less than 7 games. If only the refs had called that boarding of Malone in game 7 of ECF...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To me this TB team is more akin to the 12-13 Hawks

Team really has no weakness outside of Cooper IMO (I am not Cooper fan so people would differ in opinion about whether he is weakness or not)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
To me this TB team is more akin to the 12-13 Hawks

Team really has no weakness outside of Cooper IMO (I am not Cooper fan so people would differ in opinion about whether he is weakness or not)
Tampa has several players who are quietly quite dirty, did Chicago ever have that? Shaw was more like Avery if I recall, with silly penalties.

I forget about it until I see Tampa leaping and running into hits, or Kucherov's inexplicably dirty collisions.

The talent is that of an all star team as well which makes it so incredibly unstoppable. The PP personnel is awe inspiring.

Two #1 defensemen, Point, Stamkos....

I do think Vancouver is a good comparison. They had it all - the acting, the cheapshots, the talent, the defense/goaltending. Depth was good as well.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Tampa has several players who are quietly quite dirty, did Chicago ever have that? Shaw was more like Avery if I recall, with silly penalties.

I forget about it until I see Tampa leaping and running into hits, or Kucherov's inexplicably dirty collisions.

The talent is that of an all star team as well which makes it so incredibly unstoppable. The PP personnel is awe inspiring.

I do think Vancouver is a good comparison. They had it all - the acting, the cheapshots, the talent, the defense/goaltending. Depth was good as well.
Keith and Seabrook are both dirty as shit.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017

Bout time someone talks about how slimy Tampa Bay is. They got a huge chip on their shoulders, one so heavy it causes their players to fall down easier than they really should.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
This dopey thread is still going?

Hopefully the Lightning aren't like the 2011 Canucks and the Lightning do not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Good comparison by the OP, I know I personally saw a lot of parallels.

Too much tic-tac-toe in their game. Not enough dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad