TB Lightning Scoring/Stats Conversation

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Been thinking about making this thread for a while. We tend to do numbers talk in the line combo thread, but I figured it warrants its own, especially when we have a player (knock on wood) near the top of the league in scoring.

So this can be a place to point out interesting numbers, advanced stats talk, and what have you.

A few interesting things to start off (As of Nov. 24, 2016):

As of right now, Nikita Kucherov is in sole possession of 2nd in the NHL scoring race, although Connor McDavid, 1st, looks like he's just getting warmed up.

Tyler Johnson has quietly built a 5 game scoring streak.

Tampa Bay has, get this, the 3rd best PP in the league at the quarter mark.

...Which is probably why we're only one win shy of the league lead (Montreal, New York with 14), despite some inconsistent play to start the year.

...And then there's Ryan Callahan. ;)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Awesome to see Kuch so high in scoring. You can't say that he will slow down much in that regard since he has really been good.

TJ is getting back to his normal self and if we get Palat and Drouin up to their potential we will be tough.

One thing I'm not sure if it can keep up is our PP. It hurts that Stamkos is out. But the way they play it is definitely night and day better than it has been the last few years. That's only going to lead to more wins down the road.

One guy who is definitely impressing is Filppula. If he keeps it up it may be easier to trade him this offseason. He could be wanted by a team who needs to add salary and a veteran presence.

JAMES TITTLE

May 24, 2018
Jacksonville
Trade???? . lets see. TBL had the best team the best record most goals most points and great chemistry. So what did the powers that be decide to do? Trade Namestnikov for washed up over rated over paid Mcdonagh and Miller. They played very poorly after that. Had to go into OT to Win 6 straight and lost to teams we should have beaten soundly. So, Trade these guys ASAP: Mcdonagh, Sister Sustr, paquette,Coburn, Kuntz, Girardi and I hate to say it but maybe even callahan.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Trade???? . lets see. TBL had the best team the best record most goals most points and great chemistry. So what did the powers that be decide to do? Trade Namestnikov for washed up over rated over paid Mcdonagh and Miller. They played very poorly after that. Had to go into OT to Win 6 straight and lost to teams we should have beaten soundly. So, Trade these guys ASAP: Mcdonagh, Sister Sustr, paquette,Coburn, Kuntz, Girardi and I hate to say it but maybe even callahan.
Your internet is a bit slow.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Awful first post.

Reactions: The Macho Man

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yikes

Imagine wanting to trade Paquette after the playoffs he just had, he was probably one of our 6 best forwards lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->