Trade: (TB/Det) Austin Meadows for SS I. Paredes and Comp. Balance B pick

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
The Tigers are stupid to part with significant assets instead of signing Conforto. Meadows is nothing special at LF/DH and useless elsewhere. Detroit could have pounced on signing an elite bat next year for LF, but settled for mediocrity. If neither Greene nor Baddoo can play CF decently (which would be in line with the projections), the Tigers ensured to have subpar OF defense for years.

Gruß,
BSHH

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
supposedly going to be Meadows-Baddoo-Grossman to start the year

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Also, now is when he starts getting paid since 2022 was his first arb year; he is at 4 million this year.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
As a Tigers fan, I'm trying to like this move, but I'm struggling.

Meadows bat is a huge upgrade over the alternatives (Hill/Reyes), but he's a mediocre defender who should be a full time DH (which he obviously will not be).

Meadows lack of versatility seems like an odd fit with Detroit; it's not like Greene is going to be out forever. For the final time, I'll beat the dead horse that Kris Bryant (1B/3B/LF/CF/RF) would have been a perfect fit with the Tigers.

Detroit obviously didn't pay a ton, but Paredes has more career (AAA) walks than strikeouts. That screams a player Tampa Bay will figure out how to turn into a star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad