Confirmed Signing with Link: [TB] Cory Conacher (1 year 575k)

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Wow, kind of excited about this. He really fit in well with our team. Should be a good Marchy replacement.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
surprised he got a one way.. Honestly thought hed end up back in the NHL for one of his old clubs. just thought itd be Ottawa from the Boucher connection

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Now this is pretty funny.

I would love to see him put up a great year and get traded somewhere for a huge return again :laugh:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
How did he get a 1-way contract..

He was a star for Bern in the Swiss league, if Tampa wanted him they had to offer something comparable to what he'd make in that league, which unless I am misinformed would be mid 6 figures.

Tampa can still bury him in the AHL without any consequence to their cap if he doesn't work out because he makes less than 950k. It just means that Conacher has some insurance that even if things don't work out in Tampa, he'll still get paid.

I love Conacher. Would have been thrilled if Ottawa signed him.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
He was a star for Bern in the Swiss league, if Tampa wanted him they had to offer something comparable to what he'd make in that league, which unless I am misinformed would be mid 6 figures.

Tampa can still bury him in the AHL without any consequence to their cap if he doesn't work out because he makes less than 950k. It just means that Conacher has some insurance that even if things don't work out in Tampa, he'll still get paid.

I love Conacher. Would have been thrilled if Ottawa signed him.

Thanks, I didn't know contracts were cap-exempt under $950k.

Mad Brills*

Wouldn't shock me if bishop isn't on the team come fall which makes this hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad