Confirmed with Link: TB Claims Riley Nash Off Waivers

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Wow. Here I was thinking we may (hopefully) throw in a claim for Kevin Connauton tomorrow

Edit: Sorry, today.

Edit Edit: Flyers grabbed him

Last edited:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
as much as we love the young guys, it seems management is looking for more experience/defense/faceoff aptitude in the playoffs.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He did have a 40 point season but weird time to pick him up with all the guys clicking right now and Kuch/Point returning soon.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
He did have a 40 point season but weird time to pick him up with all the guys clicking right now and Kuch/Point returning soon.
instead of Fortier. Because for me Fortier looks better than ABB a that line,but he doesnt have any experience,and still needs some time to developing,hes not a 100% NHLer for now. So Nash can play there

Reactions: Byrddog

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
ABB is done. Rad and Got are going to get there looks until Kuch and Point return. Nash will ply 3 and 4th lines and get PK time. He's a lot like Goodrow so I'm not mad about the move. Even if he does not work out it's better than the kids playing in bottom 6. If the kids are going to make it we need them in top 6. Can they we are gonna see.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Doubt he even plays. We shouldn't be scratching any forwards currently and if we did it should be to go 11/7 so Foote plays not Nash. He will only be here a month tops till Point or Kucherov is back. Better to sit him in the pressbox than Barre-Boulet who can now get games in Syracuse.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not the warm body I'd choose to replace ABB but at least it looks like he can be effective in the right situation.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Might be about settling things down late in games.

This was my first thought. This year's late game execution is the worst I think I have ever seen in the Jon Cooper era. These days it feels like no lead is safe when the trademark of our recent success has been to work like a boa; every time the opposition tries to squirm we just clamp down even tighter on that little spot they just left open.

It's crazy to think it took like 6 games for us to have a lead and yet we'd be in 1st place by a fairly decent margin if we hadn't bungled so many 3rd period leads afterward.

Reactions: Hoek

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This was my first thought. This year's late game execution is the worst I think I have ever seen in the Jon Cooper era. These days it feels like no lead is safe when the trademark of our recent success has been to work like a boa; every time the opposition tries to squirm we just clamp down even tighter on that little spot they just left open.

It's crazy to think it took like 6 games for us to have a lead and yet we'd be in 1st place by a fairly decent margin if we hadn't bungled so many 3rd period leads afterward.
Lots of OT and SO games though, many minutes played. I hope this doesn’t bite us down the road after two seasons of going all the way.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It feels like early Cooper years when everyone was 23. I think it's about so many guys in new roles.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
While there’s a decent chance we lose him to waivers when Point and Kuch come back and we have to send him down, if Nash does (due to additional injuries or his going unclaimed) remain with the team until the playoffs I think another reason for bringing him onboard is to minimize our reliance on the kids in the postseason. I’m comfortable with Katchouk and Colton, and Raddysh has been looking more competent out there lately, but ABB isn’t ready and I’ve never been impressed with Joseph. Not saying Nash will be anything special, and he may well be a complete bust for us, but IF he can simply give us safe, low event minutes he would be a safer bet in the playoffs than two or three of the kids we’ve been playing.

Reactions: ArmaHedman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad