GDT: TB @ Bruins II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Aside from the power play looking like a real power play today, I literally can't take away a single positive from this 3 game start.

Yeah morrow and Miller look like future mainstays, but other than that? Nothing. Rask has been horrible. Defense has been horrible. The forwards leave a lot to be desired. Hayes? Invisible. Connolly? Did we really give up 2 seconds for that? Just frustrating and disheartening all around.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
What's the point in firing Clode? I dont' put the losses on him. He was given a crappy roster. Find me a coach in the league who can make anything passable with 5 bottom pairing d-men. And he didn't tell Tuukka to play like a flaming pile of ****.

If Donny wants to win - get a defenseman. If not, might as well ride out the tank with Clode and sell of your assets. The second you fire Clode he gets scooped up by another team and they excel.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Please Sharks, please tank like honestly, the last 2 seasons you've looked good at the start and progressively gotten suckier, do it again, but do it earlier and suck harder :laugh:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Aside from the power play looking like a real power play today, I literally can't take away a single positive from this 3 game start.

Yeah morrow and Miller look like future mainstays, but other than that? Nothing. Rask has been horrible. Defense has been horrible. The forwards leave a lot to be desired. Hayes? Invisible. Connolly? Did we really give up 2 seconds for that? Just frustrating and disheartening all around.

Krejci looks like an elite #1 center after many wanted him gone is a positive for me

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Time to blow it up??

Rask, Krejci, Chara, Eriksson, Marchand, Bergeron...
Each one of those players can get us #1's and some very good prospects in return... I hope the bruins have hired extra scouts this year.....

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rask and Bergeron had bad games today, players that we really can't afford to have bad games.
Just have to hope this is like last year, start badly and then be top3 goalie in stats on the 2nd half.
-Hayes, don't really notice him out there, needs to wake up too.
-Kelly in the top9

Put positives,
+Colin is so much fun, he loves hitting and with the puck he is a beauty, he will be better for us than Hamilton was,
+Morrow outside that end mistake had a solid game,
+Krug is beauty offensively, just got beaten once quite badly on the 1st.
+-Chara looked good and maybe we have a decent D group soon enough, but he needs a partner who can skate,
+Lou is looking great, and his skating is looking better too,
+Connolly had his best Bruins game.

I have no idea when we are going to logg our 1st win of the season.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
ARI is 2-0 :laugh:

That being said, two predicted playoff teams, CLS and PIT also have started 0-2.

Yeah, but I am just not seeing it. New breakout system not working, no emotion when they get blown out for the third game, vets not playing smart or caring much, young guys are green. Goalie decided not to show up..Fading from 1st period to 3rd period for three games in a row is very alarming too. Siedes is not fixing this. If you want to take this back to preseason this is actually their 6th lost in a row. Basically when more NHLers started to play near the end of camp this team has shown they cant compete.

We have a bunch of 3rd/4th liners with a couple of guys with decent skill. Maybe the future will be good, but this year the team is going to be bad.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Between those two and Irwin, it's tough to have any faith in the pro scouting staff at the moment.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What's the point in firing Clode? I dont' put the losses on him. He was given a crappy roster. Find me a coach in the league who can make anything passable with 5 bottom pairing d-men. And he didn't tell Tuukka to play like a flaming pile of ****.

If Donny wants to win - get a defenseman. If not, might as well ride out the tank with Clode and sell of your assets. The second you fire Clode he gets scooped up by another team and they excel.

There is none. Its the easiest thing for the rabble to come up with without thinking.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
6 goals by a Tampa squad that half-assed their way through this game.

This season is gonna be really ugly ... we will compete for 1st overal.

I still think we can beat the Flyers but that's about it right now.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Please Sharks, please tank like honestly, the last 2 seasons you've looked good at the start and progressively gotten suckier, do it again, but do it earlier and suck harder :laugh:

Not going to happen without that idiot McLellan who's now destroying the Oilers with Chiarelli.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I think anyone who looked objectively at the construction of this roster knew it was going to be a rough season.

I'm not as angry as a should be. I set my expectations very low. The struggle will be to keep things in check when they go in the opposite direction, as they will go on a hot streak at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->