Prospect Info: 2016 58th Overall Pick | RW Taylor Raddysh

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
If and ONLY if he works on his skating so he can keep up with our guys. I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure right now Kucherov can skate faster backwards and Raddysh can forward. I'm not knocking the kid but if that doesn't change then he's not gonna top line anything here in Tampa. Luckily he has years and years to work on it.

I'd set a goal for him to match Callahan in skating. Is it the best skating you'll ever see? No it's not. But Ryan gets the job done and can HAUL ASS effectively when he needs to.

Raddysh can skate just fine, he has all the tools, just needed to be taught a bit of power skating. Year after year this stuff gets blown up and I love it, because these kids continue to drop to us.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Raddysh can skate just fine, he has all the tools, just needed to be taught a bit of power skating. Year after year this stuff gets blown up and I love it, because these kids continue to drop to us.

He skates fine but as of this very moment do you think he'd be able to keep up with guys like Drouin, Johnson or Kucherov? It's an acceleration issue more than anything else. The kid reminds me of a boulder going down hill. It starts slow at first but then it gets faster and stronger as it picks up speed. He's a strong skater but he'll have to take advantage of the strength and size that's going to come with the rest of his bodily maturity. Because right now I'd say the answer to the question is that he probably keeps up half the time with a Drouin/Kucherov + Johnson while the rest of the they either have to slow down for Raddysh while he gets a full head of steam going or he just comes in as the late man on the play going just as fast as they were 20+ feet ago.

Truth be told I think it's just best he be groomed to play with Stamkos because I think that'll work out better than putting him with a speed demon.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
[MOD]
He skates fine but as of this very moment do you think he'd be able to keep up with guys like Drouin, Johnson or Kucherov? It's an acceleration issue more than anything else. The kid reminds me of a boulder going down hill. It starts slow at first but then it gets faster and stronger as it picks up speed. He's a strong skater but he'll have to take advantage of the strength and size that's going to come with the rest of his bodily maturity. Because right now I'd say the answer to the question is that he probably keeps up half the time with a Drouin/Kucherov + Johnson while the rest of the they either have to slow down for Raddysh while he gets a full head of steam going or he just comes in as the late man on the play going just as fast as they were 20+ feet ago.

Truth be told I think it's just best he be groomed to play with Stamkos because I think that'll work out better than putting him with a speed demon.

True. He's really smart at timing himself coming into the offensive zone. Even with pressure already applied in the zone, he'll swing into the neutral zone and come back in to shake defenders and get open. Not that it would work like that in the pros, but I think it shows he has a mind for trying different things to be effective. It's a good sign for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
[MOD]

True. He's really smart at timing himself coming into the offensive zone. Even with pressure already applied in the zone, he'll swing into the neutral zone and come back in to shake defenders and get open. Not that it would work like that in the pros, but I think it shows he has a mind for trying different things to be effective. It's a good sign for now.

He also has a great confidence with the puck when he carries it and is a real bull to knock off when he gets his speed going. I have to say based on what I've seen of him he does better as the last man coming in as opposed to the man leading the charge ready to make the pass. I love the fact that he does not over-pass or over-think too often. I'd say he's roughly equal on offense in terms of shooting attempts vs passing attempts. You get some guys like Purcell who never shoot the puck or other guys like Ovechkin (in the early years) who sometimes didn't pass enough. Raddysh has a good balance.

It's just a shame the kid can't play in the AHL next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I feel like people forget that Stamkos is a fast skater too. The system change has just made that element of Stamkos' game harder to see since he's not getting sprung for as many odd man rushes (note - not a bad thing).

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel like people forget that Stamkos is a fast skater too. The system change has just made that element of Stamkos' game harder to see since he's not getting sprung for as many odd man rushes (note - not a bad thing).

Stamkos is a good skater but I wouldn't put him at a level like Drouin or Kucherov. Raddysh will work on his skating no matter what and when the day comes I think he should be able to keep up with Stamkos just fine. In both men's defense it's hard as hell to keep up with a Drouin and Kucherov anyway. We all feel one way or another about him but Stamkos was blessed to have Marty St. Louis as a mentor.

The old SOB really taught Stamkos how to be a professional despite the fact he acted like anything but on his way to the NYR

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos has slow acceleration compared to Drouin/Kucherov but he's got great top end speed.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I wonder how much of it is due to his stride. He's skates pretty weird.

Yeah, he doesn't have those "quick steps" for acceleration I'd say the majority of the time he gets pick pocketed or turns it over is during those first couple of steps, I mean I don't recall Stamkos losing the puck much once he's at full speed.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Stamkos has slow acceleration compared to Drouin/Kucherov but he's got great top end speed.

I was gonna say he skates kinda goofy but it looks like Macho beat me to the punch. But as it comes to Raddysh, I gotta say he has good top end speed too once he finally gets going.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Man it's unfair how well you guys draft. I've watched a lot of him and IMO his floor is a Tyler Toffoli with a Corey Perry ceiling(production wise). He's the steal of the draft and think will be a top 10 player out of this class. Wanted the Avs to take him badly at 40 but of course they didn't

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Man it's unfair how well you guys draft. I've watched a lot of him and IMO his floor is a Tyler Toffoli with a Corey Perry ceiling(production wise). He's the steal of the draft and think will be a top 10 player out of this class. Wanted the Avs to take him badly at 40 but of course they didn't

Wow, that's high praise

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Hopefully.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Hmm

For me Raddysh>Cirelli but Cirelli is very clutch

We'll see, I am a fan of both

Ya I'd say 1. Raddysh 2. Cirelli then 3. Howden. But it's a toss between cirelli and raddysh I think both will be really good. Cirelli might break into the NHL first of the 3.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
im holding off hopes here still seeing cirelli as the better player

Cirelli doesn't have the shot Raddysh does, his shot is top notch which is going to help him overcome his skating. He stills need to improve the skating but the shot is NHL caliber.

Howden will be better than Cirelli too. Howden is better offensively, with size and solid in his own end.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Cirelli doesn't have the shot Raddysh does, his shot is top notch which is going to help him overcome his skating. He stills need to improve the skating but the shot is NHL caliber.

Howden will be better than Cirelli too. Howden is better offensively, with size and solid in his own end.

disagree pretty much on everything per usual except the shot thing but but but

cirelli doesnt get the power play time raddysh does At even strength cirelli is the better player imho he plays with weaker team mates and besides 2016-2017 wjc championship one game vs lativa raddysh has not impressed me he is playing the best line in hockey and he doesnt always show up they tied on points with all the power play time diff and cirelli had 10 more goals so his shot must just suck lmfao

you see things differently hose as always i see what i see and will take cirelli for now see what happens late comer yep one year but what he has done lately is opening eyes

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
lol at both of you, trying to diss either of Raddysh and Cirelli

Let's just accept both as draft steals, and be happy. (I personally prefer Raddysh but don't blame anyone for taking AC)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
disagree pretty much on everything per usual except the shot thing but but but

cirelli doesnt get the power play time raddysh does At even strength cirelli is the better player imho he plays with weaker team mates and besides 2016-2017 wjc championship one game vs lativa raddysh has not impressed me he is playing the best line in hockey and he doesnt always show up they tied on points with all the power play time diff and cirelli had 10 more goals so his shot must just suck lmfao

you see things differently hose as always i see what i see and will take cirelli for now see what happens late comer yep one year but what he has done lately is opening eyes

Where did you see Cirelli bas 10 more goals? Cirelli had 21 last year, 25 this. Raddysh 24 then 42, that's not close. Cirelli is the better all around player but can't touch Raddysh in the offensive zone. We need more offensive skill players especially shooters going forward. Cirelli is great but should be compared to Stephens and Joseph as they all play a strong two way game.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Where did you see Cirelli bas 10 more goals? Cirelli had 21 last year, 25 this. Raddysh 24 then 42, that's not close. Cirelli is the better all around player but can't touch Raddysh in the offensive zone. We need more offensive skill players especially shooters going forward. Cirelli is great but should be compared to Stephens and Joseph as they all play a strong two way game.

playoffs when it matters said that guess you missed it cirelli was more impressive also in wjc besides lativa 4 goal night for raddysh if doesnt have that game he does nothing for that whole series

thats what scares me and makes me timid cirelli makes it happen like kucherov and point dont give a shiot whom he plays with kid has it and is late bloomer and on a roll

we have seen this before im not knocking raddysh i love his game too just think cirelli might just wind up better long run hes making the jump

if raddysh makes another jump next year without strome and debrincat carries that team scores like 130 range 20 more points?

I will get back on his bandwagon yet we will see what he is made of next year :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->