Value of: Taylor Hall

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Explain cause I dont believe that's true
its because mcdavid didnt make the playoffs so instead of normal hart winner being the best player it switched to guy who pulled his garbage team to the ploffs with the top 4 being hall giroux kopitar and mack

Reactions: Cassano

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I am guessing that you either have an extremely low opinion of Tyson Jost or you expect a seemingly extraordinary return for a pending UFA (at least compared to what we have seen over the years).

Yes, Jost isn’t very great and doesn’t fill any positional need at all...so yeah, a team could easily beat that offer.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If hall decided not to come back.... would the devils be back in sell mode? Or try to load up again?

I think it would only be rental types out the door if we continue to suck. Simmonds, Greene if someone wanted him. Vats. Those last three may not have a real high likely chance to be re-signed anyway. I wouldn't expect them to sell off pieces like Severson, butcher, goose, etc.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You honestly think Tyson Jost + a 2nd wouldn’t be beaten? Even at a pure rental, a contending team would offer something better than Jost...or at least someone that actually improves a positional need for the Devils.
Yes value wise I think that’s what you should expect. Perhaps a conditional 1st on Hall getting extended or winning the cup or something.

If Jost doesn’t fit a positional need than yeah I agree it’s a bad offer but from a value standpoint that’s what you should expect.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
its because mcdavid didnt make the playoffs so instead of normal hart winner being the best player it switched to guy who pulled his garbage team to the ploffs with the top 4 being hall giroux kopitar and mack

Most valuable player. Not best player.

Hall carried the Devils that year and got them to the playoffs. He deserved it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Calgary can offer:
2020 protected 1st rounder + Sam Bennett + Michael Frolik (cap purposes) + Prospect not named Valiamki/Dube/Pelletier; would need to have contract discussions with Taylor before the trade though, because I'd want him long term on the team in case of Gaudreau packing it home.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Hall - Backlund - Tkachuk

Lol top 6.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Calgary can offer:
2020 protected 1st rounder + Sam Bennett + Michael Frolik (cap purposes) + Prospect not named Valiamki/Dube/Pelletier; would need to have contract discussions with Taylor before the trade though, because I'd want him long term on the team in case of Gaudreau packing it home.

Lol top 6.
We aren't taking back salary unless it's short term. We have no interest in Sam Bennet or Frolik really. A 1st round pick and a player like Valimaki is what it would take to move Hall if he agrees to long term deal with you guys before the trade. Our defense needs a significant upgrade.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We aren't taking back salary unless it's short term. We have no interest in Sam Bennet or Frolik really. A 1st round pick and a player like Valimaki is what it would take to move Hall if he agrees to long term deal with you guys before the trade. Our defense needs a significant upgrade.

Frolik is done this season, and could be used to pick up another 3-4th rounder come deadline.
Bennett has a year after this, and is still RFA. It's an ex-1st rounder, who just hasn't lived up. Who knows what a change of scenery could do for him.

Ottawa asked for Valimaki for Stone, Calgary declined. It'll be the same answer here.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Frolik is done this season, and could be used to pick up another 3-4th rounder come deadline.
Bennett has a year after this, and is still RFA. It's an ex-1st rounder, who just hasn't lived up. Who knows what a change of scenery could do for him.

Ottawa asked for Valimaki for Stone, Calgary declined. It'll be the same answer here.
Than good luck signing Hall in the offseason if he is available. We aren't moving him in a sign and trade for no top Prospcet or young D man with High potential.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Calgary can offer:

Lol top 6.

if you're getting a signed Hall, you're giving up more than that.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
if you're getting a signed Hall, you're giving up more than that.

There is no such thing as a signed Hall. Everyone needs to stop with this.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
Come back to me when Draisatl wins a Hart.

:laugh: Get back to me when Hall has a 50 goal, 105 point season.

He was a d-bag so it was worth it to trade him?

Where did I say it was worth it?

Crosby was a whiny little child when he didn't get his way, crying to the refs every second back in the day. Did the Penguins trade him? W

Uhhh...yeah...cause that's the same...

hen Ovechkin was having his off years, Oilers fans were calling Hall the best LW in the league. This "d-bag" statement is ludacris.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Hall isn't making 10m? The trade was 3 years ago, he's been signed for 6m since then. Edmonton wouldn't be in any cap issues if they had kept him. There's no reason they couldn't have kept both.

I never said they traded him because of cap concerns. They didn't. The topic is reacquiring him.

Give me Hall 8 days of the week over Nudge. TYVM.

No thanks. Not when you take into account money, position and health.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
:laugh: Get back to me when Hall has a 50 goal, 105 point season.

Where did I say it was worth it?

Uhhh...yeah...cause that's the same...

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I never said they traded him because of cap concerns. They didn't. The topic is reacquiring him.

No thanks. Not when you take into account money, position and health.
Okay.

Keenan87

Nov 10, 2008
To Calgary:
Taylor Hall (Extended)

To New Jersey:
Michael Backlund
1st 2020
Oliver Kylington

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad