Value of: Taylor Hall

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Avs make a ton of sense for the Devils.. gets him out west to a team that can realistically afford to extend him. Might even be able to convince him to immediately sign an extension.

Think they'd make good trade partners.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
It wouldn't surprise me to see Taylor Hall sign with Boston as an UFA on a relatively team-friendly deal (<$9 million). The Bruins were apparently his favorite team growing up (to say nothing of him once wearing #4), and the team will be competitive for some time. If the Bruins were to trade for him this season, however, perhaps a deal featuring Krug (another pending UFA) or Debrusk might work. I don't know whether the Devils are on Krug's list of teams to which he'd accept a trade, though, much less sign an extension with.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It wouldn't surprise me to see Taylor Hall sign with Boston as an UFA on a relatively team-friendly deal (<$9 million). The Bruins were apparently his favorite team growing up (to say nothing of him once wearing #4), and the team will be competitive for some time. If the Bruins were to trade for him this season, however, perhaps a deal featuring Krug (another pending UFA) or Debrusk might work. I don't know whether the Devils are on Krug's list of teams to which he'd accept a trade, though, much less sign an extension with.

DeBrusk for Hall makes sense. Devils could really use a player like him.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Avs make a ton of sense for the Devils.. gets him out west to a team that can realistically afford to extend him. Might even be able to convince him to immediately sign an extension.

Think they'd make good trade partners.
What does it take to get him over here? I'm not personally willing to trade Bowen Byram, so let's just get him off the table before we start.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
DeBrusk for Hall makes sense. Devils could really use a player like him.
DeBrusk for Hall makes no sense,the Bruins need him,Krug and a young player would be more doable . I would even give a pick contingent on Hall resigning.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Avs will just continue to build from within. We need to save money to start extending the youngsters and keeping the core members. Jost, Makar, Zadarov, Timmins, Landy in 2 years.

Dont think the Avs can really throw out 10 million to someone that needs to be protected to lose a younger player in the expansion draft or because we dont have enough $$$ for them.

Also I would be hesitant on giving Hall a long term contract as he hasnt been the most healthy player

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

There is less than 0 chance that Hall signs under $9 million.

We don't need anymore smallish offensive DMen....we already have cornered the market on those. I like Debrusk but I would hope we could add a LHD if we do end up trading Hall

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
What does it take to get him over here? I'm not personally willing to trade Bowen Byram, so let's just get him off the table before we start.

That would certainly be our first ask but I understand now wanting to trade him.

LIke I said, if Hall is traded it needs to be for some type of LHD in my opinion. Zadorov and something? I'm not really sure.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
That would certainly be our first ask but I understand now wanting to trade him.

LIke I said, if Hall is traded it needs to be for some type of LHD in my opinion. Zadorov and something? I'm not really sure.
Zadorov is a fan favorite and brings a really unique game, but I'm sure there would be a lot of Devils fans who wouldn't like that as a return as his stats don't really tell his whole story. He's also an RFA at the end of this season.

What's that add look like? Probably a first right? Any interest in a player like Tyson Jost instead of a pick? We have an abundance of depth forwards and Jost looks decent/good at 3C but we also have Compher for that spot (on a good value deal).

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Zadorov is a fan favorite and brings a really unique game, but I'm sure there would be a lot of Devils fans who wouldn't like that as a return as his stats don't really tell his whole story. He's also an RFA at the end of this season.

What's that add look like? Probably a first right? Any interest in a player like Tyson Jost instead of a pick? We have an abundance of depth forwards and Jost looks decent/good at 3C but we also have Compher for that spot (on a good value deal).

I have no idea what I'm doing.

I personally would definitely have interest in a Hall for Zadorov/Jost type of deal. Not sure how many of my fellow NJD fans would agree.

the Devils biggest need right now is a young-ish LD who can play in his own zone and be physical but still move, which is exactly what Zadorov is

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I personally would definitely have interest in a Hall for Zadorov/Jost type of deal. Not sure how many of my fellow NJD fans would agree.

the Devils biggest need right now is a young-ish LD who can play in his own zone and be physical but still move, which is exactly what Zadorov is

At what point in the season would you consider trading Hall back for Larsson?

XD

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Perfect, then the sharks play how the **** do we fit an 11 mil extension under the cap

Devils fans have been telling me for years that there is no way to fit a star salary in if you are tight on the cap. Thats why you have to have to have a decade of zero players on your team if you ever want to be good.

Speaking of - The Sharks are tight on the cap so there is no way hall will end up there. Think only team he can go to is Ottawa.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
I would not do this but Roman Josi straight up for Hall?

This would be a good deal fro Devils IF Josi had a contract or maybe even IF they were playoff contenders and he didnt. But to have Josi jump on a sinking ship only to have him leave on July 1 anyway is not progress.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Devils fans have been telling me for years that there is no way to fit a star salary in if you are tight on the cap. Thats why you have to have to have a decade of zero players on your team if you ever want to be good.

Speaking of - The Sharks are tight on the cap so there is no way hall will end up there. Think only team he can go to is Ottawa.
Thats never the truth, the sharks have about 16 mil in cap space if league cap stays the same next year with the only notable names that need to be signed being Labanc and Simek. Labanc maybe gets 5 and Simeks max is like 2-3 mil, so we can make moves to get Hall if he wants to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad