Value of: Taylor Hall

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I want to see someone pull it off
I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense for a player in the NHL's capped system. Elite players can make close to Max AAV on a long-term deal. It's incredibly risky for a player to take the same salary without the certainty of future income.

I don't think you'll ever see it outside of a player close to retirement.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Just spitballing here, but I wonder if an young up and coming team with a lot of capspace such as colorado could offer him max cap i.e. 15M on a really short 1-2 year deal with an agreement in place that they would sign him to an 7-8 year extension under 10M per year afterwards. That way when ELCs end they would still get to keep Hall but at a lower hit. Maybe Hall isn't the best example since im sure he would want term especially since he has a long injury history. But i'm sure we could soon see star players do this.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Would NJ have interest in Adam Larsson back as odd as the optics would be? I know he was well liked there and they didn't really want to trade him and he still has some contract term left.

Think he needs a fresh start too.

Larsson + Puljujarvi + EDM 1st (if Oilers make playoffs, otherwise becomes 2nd).

Would be my offer for Hall + prospect.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why not work something out with Hall and Gaudreau (Who's from the Jersey area - I think)? The two organizations can pack some bits and pieces around the primaries in both packages.

Because we need both players.
Hall to Calgary, with Gaudreau leaving doesn't really upgrade the roster. I'm not really up for debating who the better player is between the two, but they're both in similar tier of player, and not really worth giving one up for the other.

Also, Calgary has done a phenomenal job in managing our cap, so we can take on a 10M-11M cap hit from Hall next season, and won't have to lose any players not worth losing to begin with. It makes a lot of sense for a Calgary guy; his addition would make this forward group something else.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
fwiw, I think he re-signs.

Oh...nice game Zacha.
Lol you're obsessed with Zacha, mate.

I certainly hope Hall re-signs, but would not blame him in the least for deciding against it. Not only has he only made the playoffs once in ten years, but for the most part, his team's aren't even close. If he goes, NJ's window doesn't open up for another 2-4 years depending on Ty Smith and this year's probable high first. And if he goes, then you probably have to just blow it up and look at moving players who have a year left like Palmieri and Coleman. This discussion is for another day, though...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lol you're obsessed with Zacha, mate.

I certainly hope Hall re-signs, but would not blame him in the least for deciding against it. Not only has he only made the playoffs once in ten years, but for the most part, his team's aren't even close. If he goes, NJ's window doesn't open up for another 2-4 years depending on Ty Smith and this year's probable high first. And if he goes, then you probably have to just blow it up and look at moving players who have a year left like Palmieri and Coleman. This discussion is for another day, though...
I have not written of Zacha like others have.

At least if the Devils struggle, they have good assets TO move to add to all the kids. But yeah, way too early despite some panicking. This should all be post X-Mas talk(sell-off) but for sure if the Devils are playing well, you would think it helps the Devils chances of re-signing Hall.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
I have not written of Zacha like others have.

At least if the Devils struggle, they have good assets TO move to add to all the kids. But yeah, way too early despite some panicking. This should all be post X-Mas talk(sell-off) but for sure if the Devils are playing well, you would think it helps the Devils chances of re-signing Hall.

I don’t think people write Zacha off, it’s more is skill set he has based on where he was drafted. If he develops to become more of a two-way forward, then he proves us wrong. Granted he’s 23, people expect a 6 OA Pick to be more than a 25 point 3rd/4th line C.

This thread is about Hall though. Though superstars are hard to come by, I think it’d would have been wise to move on from Hall and try to acquire a Defensive-LHD, but I feel that, that time has expired. Would have made the team more balanced.

I really thought the Devils would make a push for Joel Edmundson. He would have been perfect with Subban on the left side. It would allow P.K. to play his game and be affective every night.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don’t think people write Zacha off, it’s more is skill set he has based on where he was drafted. If he develops to become more of a two-way forward, then he proves us wrong. Granted he’s 23, people expect a 6 OA Pick to be more than a 25 point 3rd/4th line C.

This thread is about Hall though. Though superstars are hard to come by, I think it’d would have been wise to move on from Hall and try to acquire a Defensive-LHD, but I feel that, that time has expired. Would have made the team more balanced.

I really thought the Devils would make a push for Joel Edmundson. He would have been perfect with Subban on the left side. It would allow P.K. to play his game and be affective every night.

I was hoping for Edmundson as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->