Value of: Taylor Hall

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
With Skinner's deal looking reasonable and those two from the same draft and both with a history of injuries..

Would Hall take $9M/yr x 8 years (like Skinner) or maybe he's looking for $10M/yr? On the free market would any team pay $11M/yr x 8 years?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He's a better player than Skinner. I pray he comes back to Edmonton. Would be a great start to erasing some of the Chia-damage.

I'd be more than happy with 9.5 x 8 if we could make it work. He was excellent with Draisaitl as his center. Instant top 6 depth....correction, instant 2 top lines.

RNH - McDavid - Plug
Hall - Draisaitl - Plug

It wouldn't even matter who was the 3rd wheel on either line, Kassian, Chiasson, Neal...

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I hope by some miracle the Flames can get him. However, I think a team will easily beat the Flames in $ and/or term.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I think if he goes to UFA he puts two things on the table. One is Panarins contract and the other is a Hart trophy.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
He's a better player than Skinner. I pray he comes back to Edmonton. Would be a great start to erasing some of the Chia-damage.

I'd be more than happy with 9.5 x 8 if we could make it work. He was excellent with Draisaitl as his center. Instant top 6 depth....correction, instant 2 top lines.

RNH - McDavid - Plug
Hall - Draisaitl - Plug

It wouldn't even matter who was the 3rd wheel on either line, Kassian, Chiasson, Neal...

Lucic?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

RNH - McDavid - Plug
Hall - Draisaitl - Plug

LOL OMG I'm trying to imagine how we'll ever pay a d-man proper money to play in our top 4 with all those contracts.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Hall's going to get paid A LOT. Like a few poster above have stated, he'll look to cash in Panarin money..

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Still cannot believe he was traded. A 1st overall who's done nothing but play great hockey and who now happens to be the Hart winner as well. And for what? A top pairing defenceman who's nowhere near the best in the league. Feeling sorry for the Oilers fans for having the worst GM in the recent history. Duo of Hall - McDavid would have been too good to be true - something along the lines of modern day's Gretzky & Kurri maybe, who knows. At least now there's some oxygen for the teams in the Western Conference cause had it not happened they'd been smothered.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
LOL OMG I'm trying to imagine how we'll ever pay a d-man proper money to play in our top 4 with all those contracts.
Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander.... when you do get your Rielly, you lock him up at a decent contract as fast as you damn well can.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander.... when you do get your Rielly, you lock him up at a decent contract as fast as you damn well can.

See if I'm a Leafs fan I'm expecting one of those flashy forwards to get traded for an upgrade on the blueline.
Edmonton has Drai and McDavid driving the top 6 and Hopkins is there too, but his price tag will never be in the same league as them. Might get a tiny bit more than Nylander just because he'll be UFA on his next contract.

Reactions: Mitts888

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devils fans wish that he will sign for the Skinner contract....unfortunately, that is never going to happen as he is a way better player than Skinner

Also, I find it hilarious that there are Edmonton fans that think Hall is going to go back there.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Still cannot believe he was traded. A 1st overall who's done nothing but play great hockey and who now happens to be the Hart winner as well. And for what? A top pairing defenceman who's nowhere near the best in the league. Feeling sorry for the Oilers fans for having the worst GM in the recent history. Duo of Hall - McDavid would have been too good to be true - something along the lines of modern day's Gretzky & Kurri maybe, who knows. At least now there's some oxygen for the teams in the Western Conference cause had it not happened they'd been smothered.

We have a duo, Draisaitl and McDavid, who are the modern era's Gretzky and Kurri.

Larsson isn't a top pairing guy but is forced to play as one.

Hall is awesome. I keep getting the vibe he'd come back if the money was there for him. At least this is what I hear from people who know a guy who knows a guy...

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->