Taylor Hall or Brad Marchand?

Whose a better hockey player?

• Total voters

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I hate myself every time I vote Marchand. This is one of those times, though Hall is no slouch.

Reactions: Kelly

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Marchand has become a bit of a favorite. Old school rat with a very surprising ppg the last two seasons. He has taken it to the next level for sure. Three years ago, no one would have been able to convince me he'd be in the Art race

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Is Marchand nearly as good without Bergeron and Pastrnak?

Hall has hit 80 before with RNH... and thats it.

Hall is extremely underrated

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Marchand, but Hall is fantastic. Easily one of the best wingers in the league.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Marchand, but Hall has been closing the gap with his play this year. He does't have the luxury of Patrice Bergeron nor has he had the insane puck luck streak Marchand is currently riding.

This coming from one of Hall's most outspoken critics - he's making some real progress in his play, with a huge reduction in brain farts / bad giveaways.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
A year or two from now people are going to look back on this and wonder "how the hell did I ever think that rat Brad Marchand was a better player than Taylor Hall?".

Hall has had his struggles in the past, but he's been an absolute beast this season. If he keeps up this play and stays healthy he'll put together a 100 point season and be in the race for the art ross in the next 1-2 years, especially considering his linemates are only going to improve. He literally has an extra .5P/GP than the next leading scorer on the Devils. Nobody else in the league is anywhere close to that.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
A year or two from now people are going to look back on this and wonder "how the hell did I ever think that rat Brad Marchand was a better player than Taylor Hall?".

Hall has had his struggles in the past, but he's been an absolute beast this season. If he keeps up this play and stays healthy he'll put together a 100 point season and be in the race for the art ross in the next 1-2 years, especially considering his linemates are only going to improve. He literally has an extra .5P/GP than the next leading scorer on the Devils. Nobody else in the league is anywhere close to that.
I know I won't think that, ever. Marchand is the better all around player right now and it isn't close. The future is the future but why should that change the present?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Marchand, but Hall has been closing the gap with his play this year. He does't have the luxury of Patrice Bergeron nor has he had the insane puck luck streak Marchand is currently riding.

This coming from one of Hall's most outspoken critics - he's making some real progress in his play, with a huge reduction in brain farts / bad giveaways.
When you've been above PPg for two seasons and had 37G the year prior, I wouldn't call it luck anymore.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
When you've been above PPg for two seasons and had 37G the year prior, I wouldn't call it luck anymore.

But it is. All you have to do is look at his percentages. His on ice sh% is 12.9 and individual sh% is 19.1.

He's a ~ppg player, but he's significantly over performing this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->